Author Topic: Cyclogs Teams  (Read 4803 times)

Cyclogs Teams
« on: 30 March, 2008, 03:41:40 pm »
The team option on Cyclogs is now live.
I have just created ACF but as I'm admin can change it to yACF if required.

agagisgroovy

• Formely yellow-ceitidh
Re: Cyclogs Teams
« Reply #1 on: 31 March, 2008, 01:23:30 pm »
I'm yellowceitidh on Cyclogs but it is not working at the moment.  :(

« Reply #2 on: 24 April, 2008, 05:57:47 pm »

I've got a couple of months backlog to put in. My mileage is not very high at the moment though. In December and January I was near the top on my commuting distance alone, plodding between Twickenham and Bracknell every day.
The old Legion hand told the recruit, "When things are bad, bleu, try not to make them worse, because it is very likely that they are bad enough already." -- Robert Ruark

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #3 on: 30 April, 2009, 12:59:52 pm »
Hi folks,

Ignoring the fact that Cyclogs is temporarily broken (problem with the web server), I'd like to encourage the YACFers to get logging. Reason is that the CycleChat team is way out ahead of all the other teams and we're getting a bit big for our boots. Rumour has it that if some of the YACFers started logging their rides you'd overhaul us in CycleChat for sure.

So go ahead, keep her_welshness and others company on Cyclogs (when it's fixed). You know it makes sense!
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #4 on: 30 April, 2009, 01:02:47 pm »
In common with a lot of folk on here, I used to use Cyclogs, but it had a lot of downtime, and, when it lost some data, I moved to Bikejournal, which I find easier to use.

Much though I'd like to compete with Cycle Chat (despite my dual nationality), I'm not likely to change now.
Getting there...

« Reply #5 on: 30 April, 2009, 01:05:41 pm »
Having to enter the numbers twice is just a pain.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #6 on: 01 May, 2009, 12:57:31 pm »

Do you mean you have not written a script to automate the process?  :o   ;)
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #7 on: 01 May, 2009, 01:21:47 pm »
TheLurker (sitting in his cave banging rocks together) will continue to use good ol' visual notepad. :)
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #8 on: 01 May, 2009, 01:36:46 pm »

Do you mean you have not written a script to automate the process?  :o   ;)

Given the amount of downtime the two sites attract the error checking on such a script would be ....interesting

« Reply #9 on: 01 May, 2009, 03:10:38 pm »
Given the amount of downtime the two sites attract the error checking on such a script would be ....interesting

I was just thinking it wasn't such a bad idea, so I went to see how scrapeable the websites were... but then found cyclogs is down...

To be honest, I'd happily use a spreadsheet or even a bit of paper, but kind of like the motivation/competitive bit of the sites.  So even if I found another site (anywhere with uptime in double figures?) it wouldn't be any use.   :-\

« Reply #10 on: 01 May, 2009, 03:23:21 pm »
I could do it the other way round. Being a Premier Member of Bikejournal means I can upload data from a CSV file, so, enter in Cyclogs, download it, parse it and output in appropriate format for Bikejournal and upload.

It'd be right down at the bottom of my TODO list though. Somewhere below "Disassemble computer and pick out all lint using a small pair of tweezers."
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #11 on: 01 May, 2009, 03:29:03 pm »
To be honest, I'd happily use a spreadsheet or even a bit of paper, but kind of like the motivation/competitive bit of the sites.  So even if I found another site (anywhere with uptime in double figures?) it wouldn't be any use.   :-\

+1

I was using a spreadsheet last year, to which I added lots of intermediate goals and targets, and built ever more elaborate formulae.

But it was just me, so this year, I'm on Bikejouirnal to swell the yacf ranks :thumbsup:
Getting there...

ChrisO

« Reply #12 on: 01 May, 2009, 03:32:18 pm »
I have communicated with the Cyclogs owner (he's a neighbour of mine, and used to be on the other place).

Apparently he has a fix for the problem so it should be back up in the next couple of days.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #13 on: 01 May, 2009, 05:25:47 pm »
I have communicated with the Cyclogs owner (he's a neighbour of mine, and used to be on the other place).

Apparently he has a fix for the problem so it should be back up in the next couple of days.
Yep, he posted on the Cyclogs blog to the effect that it should be up at the weekend.

You wouldn't believe the consternation it caused amongst the CycleChatters as we were in a massive mileage race for April. I think I won it... I think... I was 100 miles ahead of the next person on the 29th... but no-one knows for sure!
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #14 on: 01 May, 2009, 08:12:47 pm »
back online

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #15 on: 01 May, 2009, 08:42:08 pm »

Ooerr - there's already a YACF team on Cyclogs, admin'ed by Capt. TimC.

There's only 1 answer to this.............FIGHT!
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #16 on: 13 December, 2009, 02:43:02 pm »
Well now my husband has his new bike and is doing a lot of riding with the YACFers I have persuaded him to log on Cyclogs... and he's logging for the YACF team. He's U_James (short for Uncle James). Don't think he's going to do my level of mileage though...

« Reply #17 on: 16 December, 2009, 01:24:50 pm »
Auntie Helen,
Check out bikejournal.com instead.  There is a bigger yAcf contingent on there.
A lot migrated in the dark days when cyclogs was unstable.
They have been resolved now but I have remained at bikejournal.  There were more options at bj too.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #18 on: 16 December, 2009, 02:29:18 pm »
I find Bikejournal's got too much advertising and other gubbins on it. I did register when Cyclogs was down once but I prefer the simplicity and cleanliness of Cyclogs to bikejournal.

« Reply #19 on: 16 December, 2009, 09:50:15 pm »
True, but I run Firefox with Adblock Plus so I don't see much than the one header.  I don't even 'see' that anymore though.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #20 on: 15 January, 2010, 02:12:49 pm »
Cyclogs is down for a while now, it seems (there's a thread on CycleChat about it where a chap who knows Mr Cyclogs is updating us).

I'm now logging on "mycyclinglog" (My Cycling Log ) along with several other CycleChatters. it's another nice, clean interface with minimal advertising.