Author Topic: Medical certificate for cyclosportif  (Read 2771 times)

Medical certificate for cyclosportif
« on: 06 May, 2009, 11:27:39 pm »
Hi ,
   don't think this belongs in "the Knowledge" but does anyone have a form of words acceptable to the french organisers of a cyclosportif please?

Thanks
Julia
Reine de la Fauche

Martin

Re: Medical certificate for cyclosportif
« Reply #1 on: 06 May, 2009, 11:40:46 pm »
this seems to be the same as the other French ones;

http://www.ardechoise.com/pdf/Medical%20certificate.pdf

unless you are doing L'Etape or  PBP you don't need one though unless you want your personal finish time publicised, you can enter as a cyclotourist and get exactly the same ride ( Think it needs an official stamp or else be on headed paper to be valid)

Seineseeker

• Biting the cherry of existential delight
    • The Art of Pleisure
« Reply #2 on: 07 May, 2009, 11:13:18 am »

unless you are doing L'Etape or  PBP you don't need one though unless you want your personal finish time publicised, you can enter as a cyclotourist and get exactly the same ride ( Think it needs an official stamp or else be on headed paper to be valid)

That's not quite true, you won't get a timing chip unless you have the med certif, so you wont get an official time.

They are no big deal, that just have to say you are ok to take part in "cyclisme en competition".

Panoramix

• .--. .- -. --- .-. .- -- .. -..-
  • Suus cuique crepitus bene olet
    • Some routes
« Reply #3 on: 07 May, 2009, 01:12:43 pm »
Je certifie avoir examine xxx et qu'il est apte a la pratique du cyclisme en competition.

replace xxx by your name and surname

women need to replace il by elle.

you need an "accent aigu" on the last e of examine, and the e of competition
you need an "accent grave" on the a

And this need to be written by a doctor after he has looked at you.

Chief cat entertainer.

« Reply #4 on: 07 May, 2009, 01:15:12 pm »
I think al timed/competitive event will require one, from your GP. It is a legal requirement in France.

Cyclosportive by the way, for a race or ride.
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse

The Mechanic

« Reply #5 on: 07 May, 2009, 01:23:13 pm »
When I did the Etape, they accepted my BC racing license in lieu of a medical cert.

« Reply #6 on: 07 May, 2009, 01:46:36 pm »
It is usually a doctor's cert OR a BC competition licence (note, BC only, LVRC etc are not UCI)

This is because everywhere else except UK you have to have a doctor's cert to get a racing licence. The UK situation hasn't been pointed out (and hopefully won't be!)

Also, if you enter as a club team then they don't seem fussy (again, I guess they assume licences are held)

ChrisO

« Reply #7 on: 07 May, 2009, 02:33:15 pm »

That's not quite true, you won't get a timing chip unless you have the med certif, so you wont get an official time.

They are no big deal, that just have to say you are ok to take part in "cyclisme en competition".

No I think you're wrong there Seineseeker.

I've already registered as a Cyclotouriste for L'Ardechoise and it included a deposit of 10 euros for a timing chip.

Plus they say on the site that the only difference between Sportive and Touriste is that the Touriste times are communicated directly to them while the Sportive rider times are published.

At any rate we've all got watches.

Seineseeker

• The Art of Pleisure
« Reply #8 on: 07 May, 2009, 05:00:13 pm »
Wrong perhaps for l'Ardechoise because that's a special case, because it has timed cyclotourists as well as the cyclo option, the ardechoise being a ludicrously nutty endurance event (and good luck to you for having a go!) almost every other cyclo won't give you a start number or a timing chip without a med certif even if they have (shorter) randonnée choices.

So yes wrong, but not totally perhaps.

Martin

« Reply #9 on: 07 May, 2009, 07:03:49 pm »

yes you do: I've had a chip and my own personal time twice for L'Ardechoise and once for the Marmotte and never had a certificate.

Seineseeker

• The Art of Pleisure
« Reply #10 on: 07 May, 2009, 08:10:59 pm »

yes you do: I've had a chip and my own personal time twice for L'Ardechoise and once for the Marmotte and never had a certificate.

I refer the honorable gentlemen to the reply I made earlier (1 post up).

« Reply #11 on: 07 May, 2009, 08:17:51 pm »
Thanks all - I have no problem getting a certificate; my GP is a keen cyclist - I just need to be sure he has the right wording!

Julia
Reine de la Fauche

Martin

« Reply #12 on: 07 May, 2009, 09:09:27 pm »

I refer the honorable gentlemen to the reply I made earlier (1 post up).

and also La Marmotte  :P (although my certificate never turned up so I never got a time; but there was a default randonneur placing if you did not provide one)

L'Ardechoise has courses ranging from 70 to 600km over 1 2 or 3 days; I've done the 216/221 before; all are available as cyclotouriste

looks like I will need one for L'Ariegeiose in 2010 though

« Reply #13 on: 08 May, 2009, 01:08:05 pm »
Don't forget that a scanner used now and photoshop/paint are useful when you need another one in future 'in a hurry' ;)