Author Topic: Only I could manage this...  (Read 2349 times)

Naggers

• Lost in a daze
Only I could manage this...
« on: 02 May, 2008, 03:24:46 pm »
As my friend Sean said, Only I could manage to have an arguement with a Driver in the Middle of nowhere

Going up this rocky track near Nenthead in Cumbria and a ruddy great Range Rover comes down the hill followed by a Land Rover.
Me and Sean are either side of the track and the bloke who's motor is as wide as the track thinks he can get through without stopping.
I wasn't planning on going in the ditch so pulled a little nearer the centre and mouthed a few obsenities at him through the windscreen.
He gets out and one of his great comments was, "f**king cyclists; all the bloody same"
Yeah, mate, that's 'cos you're always a twat whenever you meet one.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
Re: Only I could manage this...
« Reply #1 on: 02 May, 2008, 03:28:04 pm »
As my friend Sean said, Only I could manage to have an arguement with a Driver in the Middle of nowhere

Going up this rocky track near Nenthead in Cumbria and a ruddy great Range Rover comes down the hill followed by a Land Rover.
Me and Sean are either side of the track and the bloke who's motor is as wide as the track thinks he can get through without stopping.
I wasn't planning on going in the ditch so pulled a little nearer the centre and mouthed a few obsenities at him through the windscreen.
He gets out and one of his great comments was, "f**king cyclists; all the bloody same"

;D
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Fixedwheelnut

• "If it ain't fixed it's broken"
    • My photos
« Reply #2 on: 02 May, 2008, 08:45:08 pm »
 quality reply Dave  :thumbsup: ;D
"Don't stop pedalling"

ABlipInContinuity

« Reply #3 on: 05 May, 2008, 12:10:03 am »

:D :D :D

« Reply #4 on: 05 May, 2008, 10:57:47 am »
 :D Indeed. I wish I had the presence of mind to come up with that sort of retort in the heat of the moment.

PS Hi Naggers!

Dave

« Reply #5 on: 05 May, 2008, 04:21:31 pm »

Had something similar the other day. Driver decided to turn right after seeing me already turning left. Cue me being able to fend off the car with my hand without straightening my arm. "I gave you a wide berth" said the driver. "Really? How come I could touch your car without straightening my arm." "But I gave you a wide berth." "No. No you didn't." "You cyclists are all the bloody same." "Yes we are. We all want to finish our rides without a trip in an ambulance."