Author Topic: Space Time Continuinuinum  (Read 2155 times)

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Re: Space Time Continuinuinum
« Reply #25 on: 08 October, 2009, 05:33:00 pm »
A Christmas Carol?!?
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Zoidburg

« Reply #26 on: 08 October, 2009, 05:35:29 pm »
I think they count more as transcendental journeys of the mind than actual movement through space/time.

« Reply #27 on: 08 October, 2009, 11:56:29 pm »
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

redshift

• High Priestess of wires
    • redshift home
« Reply #28 on: 09 October, 2009, 10:06:22 am »
Babylon 5 - whose major plot device was the disappearance of B4 for use in a war 1000 years prior, which reduced the forces of the enemy they were fighting in the 'now', which was engineered by the first commander of B5 who went back with B4 and became a prophet to warn them about the next war.  This included a subplot in which the second commander of B5 teams up with the first (and others) to jump back and prevent the destruction of B4 before they can move it back through time - which would of course alter 'history' that's already happened...

Douglas Adams had a whole section on grammatical tenses for use in such circumstances, but I only got as far as the Future Semiconditionally Modified Subinverted Plagal Past Subjunctive Intentional before I gave up.
L
:)
Windcheetah No. 176
The all-round entertainer gets quite arsey,
They won't translate his lame shit into Farsi
Somehow to let it go would be more classy…