Author Topic: Dundee Cycle trail leaflet launch  (Read 1315 times)

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
Dundee Cycle trail leaflet launch
« on: 31 August, 2010, 12:13:38 am »
After many months of gestation we finally got round to launching the Dundee Railway Heritage Trail leaflet which outlines a cyclign /walking route following the old railways around Dundee. By old I include parts that were abandoned in the 1860s through to final line closure in 1960s.
The leaflets have been handed out at the Farmers Market last weekend and the 'Get Active' roadshow in the city square. Apparently they have been very popular and we may need to print more after the first print run of 3,000 is exhausted.

The major press cutting is below and I should be wandering the trail with Denise from the BBC Radio Scotland 'Out and About' later this week for broadcast on Saturday.

I decided to turn up in 'you can cycle in anything you happen to be wearing' but the effect was a bit spoiled by everyone else (except the local councillor) turning up in brightly coloured lycra.

"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

Re: Dundee Cycle trail leaflet launch
« Reply #1 on: 31 August, 2010, 10:18:35 pm »
Well done David.  I saw the article on the Courier website about your Dundee-Newtyle Railway leaflet.  When I was growing up in Dundee every boy new some tall-tales about the "secret" tunnel through the Law.  ;D

RJMcB

David Martin

« Reply #2 on: 01 September, 2010, 12:08:38 am »
Well done David.  I saw the article on the Courier website about your Dundee-Newtyle Railway leaflet.  When I was growing up in Dundee every boy new some tall-tales about the "secret" tunnel through the Law.  ;D

RJMcB

I lifted that sentence as my only real indulgence in the leaflet. "The schoolboy tales of long lost steam engines buried in the Law Tunnel are, sadly, untrue."

It is hoped to make the leaflet available as a download soon. The Courier online are very keen on that.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3 on: 01 September, 2010, 08:39:49 am »
Good one, David.
Getting there...

David Martin

« Reply #4 on: 01 September, 2010, 03:32:52 pm »
Denise from the 'Out of Doors' programme on BBC Radio Scotland, interviewing me about the Railway leaflet.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #5 on: 01 September, 2010, 09:00:31 pm »
Excellent.

And good to turn up in normal clothes, too.  :thumbsup:
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

David Martin

« Reply #6 on: 04 September, 2010, 11:44:43 pm »
The radio program is available on iPlayer at BBC iPlayer Console - Out of Doors: 04/09/2010 Listen from  1.15 if you don't want to catch the discussion on regulations for the use of vintage farm tractors and trailers.