Author Topic: IQ Fly & Dynohub - Birthday Pressies for a Good Boy  (Read 1226 times)

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'
IQ Fly & Dynohub - Birthday Pressies for a Good Boy
« on: 05 June, 2008, 10:20:51 pm »
it's my birthday on Saturday and I must have been a good boy (and slightly directed the present purchasers) because I got a new IQ fly and dynohub.  I laced the wheel up last night and tensioned and trued it this evening.  Now I'm just waiting for it to get dark so I can give it a bit of a whirl.

I though that I might have some problems mounting the light on my brake caliper, but it fitted no probelm.  I think the IQ fly, a fenix L2D and a 1w headtorch should light the roads up like christmas.

I'll let you know how I get on.  Ohh exciting.

Re: Birthday Pressies for a Good Boy
« Reply #1 on: 05 June, 2008, 10:22:20 pm »
Ooohh aaahh. Nice. Gemini eh ? Like me.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2 on: 05 June, 2008, 10:27:16 pm »
It's my birthday on Saturday too. I'll never be a good boy!
Wheel sounds nice though.
I'm still awaiting various W**** goodies...

Happy Birthday!!!

« Reply #3 on: 05 June, 2008, 10:28:24 pm »
smine on Thursday & I shall be in the USA.

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'
« Reply #4 on: 06 June, 2008, 12:27:38 am »
Well that's me back and I must say I'm impressed.  The IQ fly isn't nearly as bright as the fenix torch but it has a much better beam shape and the intensity of the light is much more even - far better suited to road cycling.  I was bombing along back country roads at 20 miles an hour, no bother, and cars even dipped their headlights.  Combined with the head torch it was even better, as it helped going round corners and roundabouts.  For the piece de resistance I adjusted the IQ to point at the road 2 meters in front of me and also switched on the fenix.  The visibility was excellent with potholes etc being well illuminated and the fenix lit up the road ahead.

All in all I'm very pleased with my Birthday gift and thank you for the good wishes.