Author Topic: New commute route  (Read 3517 times)

MartinGT

Re: New commute route
« Reply #25 on: 02 March, 2011, 01:16:58 pm »
A few weeks back I stopped at some RL and someone went into the back of me and asked "Why the f**k are you stopping?"
 :o

Obvious it was another cyclist...... ??

You've 'obviously' got little experience of group riding, with other cyclists or amongst cars. When intending to stop, its a good idea to glance round and signal.
Most bicycles don't have a brake activated lamp, so how are the folks following supposed to know what you gonna do?

Haha youre on a good troll dude, keep it up  :thumbsup:

This is not 'trolling'. Its called "Humour". Not enough of it on cycle chatboards.

There's one thing bad about my new route. Its bloody lonely. Only the final three miles do I see other traffic, and only one mile of it is street lit.

Humour?  I think you need to look the definition up i the dictionary

LindaG

« Reply #26 on: 02 March, 2011, 01:20:58 pm »

There's one thing bad about my life. Its bloody lonely.

FTFY!

Gandalf

• Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty
« Reply #27 on: 02 March, 2011, 02:17:17 pm »
I think I may have encountered an Alouicious acolyte yesterday  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3qSQFon-EU

Alouicious

« Reply #28 on: 03 March, 2011, 10:16:00 am »
He's definitely not one of mine.

For a start, its daylight. For seconds, there are other vehicles and pedestrians in view. Thirdly, my students are told not to RLJ when there are other cyclists standing at red lights, they might have a 'Nosey Parker' device strapped to their hard hat.

RJ

• Droll rat
« Reply #29 on: 04 March, 2011, 12:58:31 pm »
Have changed my commute to work.
I have joined a Country leisure club 14.5 miles from work, from where I can ride from while my car is parked safely.

There are three LTs, one RT, four LaTs, two RaTs, one SOaIsland, one RaIsland, one Cyclepath underpass and NO TLs.

No TLs. I don't have to RLJ again.....

That qualifies you well to comment on urban commuting.

« Reply #30 on: 04 March, 2011, 01:12:16 pm »
:)

L from home, 1st L, R@T, 1st L, R@T, 1st L, R@T, 1st L, Keep Left and SO past Fire Gate, R@T, 1st L, SO@X, R@T, L@TL, SO@TL, R@TL, SO @ next 8 sets of TLs, R @ TL, Keep Left, SO @ next 10 sets of TLs, R @ RAB, L (1st exit Rab) @ TL, SO @ TL, SO @ TL, SO @ TL but bear right, R into bus/cycle only road, merge left, SO @ TL, SO @ TL, SO @ TL, L (1st exit RAB), R @ T, L

29 sets of lights in 12km, that's one ever 413m on average. Only got stopped at 7 of them this morning.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #31 on: 04 March, 2011, 01:17:40 pm »
Yoicks I've got approx 31 TL's on my commute  :o

« Reply #32 on: 04 March, 2011, 01:18:49 pm »
240 lights on my return commute.
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

« Reply #33 on: 04 March, 2011, 01:23:08 pm »
Interestingly (or not) you can see where the magnet on my backwheel shifted position so that it was no longer telling the GSC10 how often the back wheel was rotating. That meant that the GPS had to rely on the satellite signal alone to determine speed which is why it suddenly gets a lot spikier after 5 minutes.

(The long weight at 23 minutes is because I'd just missed the lights to cross Vauxhall Bridge Road and each of the 4 roads at those crossroads has it's own phase.)
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Alouicious

« Reply #34 on: 04 March, 2011, 01:38:40 pm »

A nice rural hour of peaceful solitude at five o'clock in the morning. And then a mid-afternoon lazy cruise.

Alouicious

« Reply #35 on: 07 March, 2011, 02:41:22 pm »
Shame, shame, shame on all those riders on the 'Over the Malverns' who jumped the first set of TLs on red 0.5km away from the start.

And shame on that rider who rode along the footpath to sneak round the roadworks in Droitwich.

And GWS to the chap who fell off at the Total gas station beyond Newent.