Author Topic: Pretentious? Moi?  (Read 1112 times)

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
Pretentious? Moi?
« on: 13 April, 2011, 03:42:55 pm »
was intrigued by this mention in the product spec on a bike that I looked at today:

Gravity Based Water Bottle Holder

I think it means a bottle cage?

Any more?
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
Re: Pretentious? Moi?
« Reply #1 on: 14 April, 2011, 08:55:38 am »
See elsewhere in yacf, made me giggle-tut.

I see that All Sports International has a special offer on for a product I actually like - "Amino Load"

It's supposed to be "pre-digested protein" in the form of amino acids with a large dose of carbs
Taking a dose/serving/glug of it after training is supposed to send the "amino acids immediately to the muscles that are crying out for nutritents"

I'm not sure of all the claims they make for it but it works for me.  I use it on long rides as a bit of a pick me up and at work when I've done a training commute

The problem with the special offer is that you have to buy 4 packs - buy 3 get one free
I can't use 4 packs before they go off.   The stuff seems to degrade after about a year.  I might be able to get through 2 packs.  So I'm wondering, does anyone else use this stuff?  Maybe we could do a joint purchase

Pre-digested protein. eh?

I've just tucked into my breakfast of pre-digested Sushi and pre-digested black coffee. I'm considering drinking the pre-digested can of coke that I didn't drink yesterday.

::-)
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

Re: Pretentious? Moi?
« Reply #2 on: 14 April, 2011, 09:51:35 am »
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."