Author Topic: So cyclists crash a lot do they?  (Read 6981 times)

Re: So cyclists crash a lot do they?
« Reply #50 on: 19 August, 2011, 10:18:13 pm »
In 4 years cycling, and many many miles, cycling is a few different countries(9 including the uk) i have only crashed twice(i have a few times fallen over on my bike though, once when bending a chainring, that isnt a crash though).

So, in 4 years, you've crashed twice and 'fallen over a few times'. Unless you are riding BMX or MTB, that's a pretty bad ratio, , so I can see how you came to your conclusions.

Road bike one time. The first time i was on my folder.
Falling off twice in 4 years isnt bad. The fallen over was due to when i first went clipless, once when i bent a chainring after trackstanding, once when i pulled my rear wheel forward when moving off from a trackstand(i had toe clips and clipless on at this stage so no option of removing feet)

You will find that people on this forum will question, alot either just blank me or tell me to shut up. These people lack a certain something though.

Perhaps you are just misunderstood.

No, i would class myself as an uneducated person, although not as uneducated as others.

Don't question. It makes people angry.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #51 on: 19 August, 2011, 10:20:29 pm »
To me some of the things that i put will make some sence in my mind.
Perhaps all of our forumming experiences would be easier if you only posted things which made complete sense in your mind, rather than posting things that don't even make sense to you.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #52 on: 19 August, 2011, 10:22:02 pm »
You will find that people on this forum will question, alot either just blank me or tell me to shut up. These people lack a certain something though.
Possibly less exposure to the wanderings of the young teenage mind. I have more exposure than most, due to part time teaching and 6 children.

Dear 1gear, you do wander off on strange tangents at times, and I sometimes cruelly wind you up, but do hope you don't get too offended.

I don't think your crash ratio is all that bad - I've managed to crash 7 times in little over 7 miles, due to ice.

I find some people on this forum dont want to hear any wonderings of a teenage mind. Quite often a case of "young man would you please be quiet"
Doesnt really bother me, however i dont find it ever so polite. But neither am i at times.

To me some of the things that i put will make some sence in my mind.
Perhaps all of our forumming experiences would be easier if you only posted things which made complete sense in your mind, rather than posting things that don't even make sense to you.

Is that how life works? We only say things that make sense in our minds? Censoring out the things that either confuse us or we are unsure about?

Don't question. It makes people angry.

Jakob

« Reply #53 on: 20 August, 2011, 12:20:01 am »

Is that how life works? We only say things that make sense in our minds? Censoring out the things that either confuse us or we are unsure about?

Telling you that you are posting nonsense is not censoring you. It's merely telling you that you are posting nonsense.

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #54 on: 20 August, 2011, 12:29:08 am »
I found your trike very stable when you let me use it.  So stable that I couldn’t actually turn the thing.  Fortunately I was wearing a suit of armour so would have been fine if I had fallen off.

I think the suit of armour was lowering your centre of gravity sufficiently to add some stability (see here)
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of Númenor
« Reply #55 on: 20 August, 2011, 12:40:18 am »
I seem to manage to fall off about once a year. Three times on the upright - but not on the road.

The last time I managed to roll a recumbent trike - which is quite an achievement. This was on the road, but I ended up on the pavement.