Author Topic: D4  (Read 1185 times)

D4
« on: 07 January, 2012, 04:52:12 pm »

Thor

• Super-sonnicus idioticus
Re: D4
« Reply #1 on: 07 January, 2012, 05:02:17 pm »
Quote from: Ken Rockwell
Hallelujah, the buttons are now backlit, just like my 20-year old cell phone.

:)
It was a day like any other in Ireland, only it wasn't raining

« Reply #2 on: 07 January, 2012, 05:48:25 pm »
Photographically speaking not a big leap AFAIA...  +4MP, possibly extra stop of low light sensitivity - that's it...  It seems that pro cameras are reaching a sort of plateau...
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

« Reply #3 on: 07 January, 2012, 07:39:53 pm »
Photographically speaking not a big leap AFAIA...  +4MP, possibly extra stop of low light sensitivity - that's it...  It seems that pro cameras are reaching a sort of plateau...

Bet you the colour rendition, saturation and image look and feel is a step-change improvement.  That's what stood out for me in the change from D2X - D3, which my friend the wedding smudger down the lane uses.

I'm hoping they will stick at DX format for a D400, otherwise I'm going have to invest in some new glass when I upgrade the D300. 

AndyK

« Reply #4 on: 07 January, 2012, 08:02:36 pm »
I wonder when a manufacturer might think changing to a square sensor might be a good idea? It would negate the need for a camera the size of a phone book.

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: 07 January, 2012, 08:38:18 pm »
Joe likes it:

We took the camera from the swamps of Jacksonville to the studios of New York, and back down again to a circus in Florida, and then to the music scene in New Orleans. Through it all, I was continuously impressed with:

Skin tone, for one thing.
File detail and forgiveness in the shadows. 
Responsiveness of the camera in terms of intuitively good exposures and autofocus.
Video quality and new features. 

Wow.  We’re in the final stages of post right now for what we shot.  Check back sometime next week for the full scoop.  It’s a game changer.
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #6 on: 07 January, 2012, 09:40:31 pm »
Tis a pretty toy. :D
Getting there...

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #7 on: 09 January, 2012, 11:44:18 pm »
A camera you can control half a world away. That is cool.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes