Author Topic: CTC 'SEG's 75' Reliability Cycle Ride, Essex, 24/2/13  (Read 1510 times)

CTC 'SEG's 75' Reliability Cycle Ride, Essex, 24/2/13
« on: 27 November, 2012, 10:16:39 am »
The South-East Essex Group of the Cyclists' Touring Club (CTC) invites you to join our annual Reliability Ride, also known as the 'SEG's 75', on Sunday February 24th 2013. This established 75-mile event takes in some beautiful Essex countryside. It is used by the local racing community as one of the first 'warm-up' rides of the year, and frequently typically attracts over 130 riders - despite the weather, which is usually very cold and windy! Those who've done the ride before will notice that we've moved it to the end of the month, and so hopefully we'll get some better weather (last year's event was rather icy ::-) )
The start point is the Market Café in Woodlands Road, Wickford, Essex SS12 0AL. 3 start-time options - 0830 (7-hour ride), 0900 (6-hour ride) and 0930 (5-hour ride). Refreshments will be available at the cafe (start/finish)and the approximate half-way point (Great Bardfield Town Hall). Entry fee: £5.00 (postal entries, cheques made payable to 'South East Group'); £6.00 ('on the line'). Contact: Stefan Eichenseher (organiser), s.eichenseher@googlemail.com, 01702 621810. Postal entries to Stefan Eichenseher, 42A Whitegate Road, Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS1 2LQ.

Sound like your thing? Go to http://www.essexcycling.co.uk/events/ctc_seg75/seg75_cover4web.htm for more information.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: CTC 'SEG's 75' Reliability Cycle Ride, Essex, 24/2/13
« Reply #1 on: 21 February, 2013, 08:19:45 am »
As ever, I'm thinking about doing this ride, but the forecast at the moment is for a maximum temperature of 2°C so there's a very good chance I'll wait until the weather warms up.

I would almost certainly be out of time anyway: I can't ride 75 miles in 7 hours.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.