Author Topic: Ortlieb Saddle Bag on a Brooks...  (Read 4705 times)

Ortlieb Saddle Bag on a Brooks...
« on: 15 May, 2013, 09:00:30 am »
Anyone know if the Ortlieb Classic Large Saddle Bag fits a Brooks B17.  If the bracket isn't wide enough, any work arounds?

Andy
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

LEE

Re: Ortlieb Saddle Bag on a Brooks...
« Reply #1 on: 15 May, 2013, 11:10:29 am »
No it doesn't fit.

It does however have enough plastic loops attached that you can easily use a couple of Toe-Straps to hang it off the rails.
You can push the straps under the bracket (that the saddle-rail adapter is supposed to slide into) so it hangs from the same point.  Then I use another one, from a plastic loop at the rear of the bag, to loop around rails and provide a bit more support.

Using toe-straps also gives you a handy option of clipping the 2 buckles together, behind one of the straps, to prevent the roll-top closure unwinding.

In the world of efficient Ortlieb bags, the Brooks saddle, Toe-strap, solution to this saddlebag is not very elegant.  But it works OK.

« Reply #2 on: 15 May, 2013, 05:35:04 pm »
Thanks for this - sounds doable. 

LEE

« Reply #3 on: 15 May, 2013, 06:31:20 pm »
I'll be attaching mine to my new Genesis this evening.

also see this.........https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=40174.msg1483777#new

and mine attached using just one toestrap, under the bracket (prise it up a bit with screwdriver so toe strap can be squeezed under) and then through saddle rails. Velcro seatpost strap keeps it all steady.

« Reply #4 on: 17 May, 2013, 12:13:53 am »
I'll be attaching mine to my new Genesis this evening.

also see this.........https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=40174.msg1483777#new

and mine attached using just one toestrap, under the bracket (prise it up a bit with screwdriver so toe strap can be squeezed under) and then through saddle rails. Velcro seatpost strap keeps it all steady.

Excellent thanks - was wondering how the clip bracket was used with a strap.  My Ortlieb arrived today.   

OOI, if one was thinking of attaching e.g. a jacket on top of the bag behind the saddle, what would you use.  The other toeclip through the bolted plastic strip - just up from the clip bracket?  edit. just seen an update to that thread link you posted, where this is mentioned.

Like the bike btw.   :)