Author Topic: Cyclists in High Wycombe  (Read 1045 times)

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
Cyclists in High Wycombe
« on: 12 January, 2015, 08:18:07 pm »
At xmas my eldest came home for the first time in 2 years. He's currently living in Farnham and commutes daily. He will soon be moving into a flat in High Wycombe where he works.

He doesn't ride often, but talking at xmas he commented that he looked at local clubs in the Farnham area but they looked too fast and serious, so didn't do anything. Does anyone know of groups in the High Wycombe area that are suitable for 'beginners' that I could pass details on to him if he's interested?

Thanks
Ian

Re: Cyclists in High Wycombe
« Reply #1 on: 12 January, 2015, 08:24:08 pm »
There are several of this parish that live thereabouts.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: 12 January, 2015, 08:58:09 pm »
I live in Slough and high. Wycombe is not far away. I as known for my pottering speed. I would be happy to ride with him and show him the nice route's in his new area :).
the slower you go the more you see

IanDG

• the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #3 on: 12 January, 2015, 10:23:18 pm »
Thanks all, will pass this onto him and suggests he looks in on the forum when he's settled.

Ian

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #4 on: 12 January, 2015, 10:28:34 pm »
I understand from HK that the Amersham mob have a fair number of newbies but often do club runs and sportives together. Terry from South Bucks CTC regularly rides with them; we can ask him for more info if you wish.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5 on: 12 January, 2015, 10:33:38 pm »
Some of my Edgware Section CTC friends also ride with South Bucks CTC. I fear the demographic might not suit your progeny as they are mostly older than me!

« Reply #6 on: 13 January, 2015, 08:53:54 am »
Maidenhead have an easy group that looks after beginners that meets at the station on a Sunday morning. THey're a lovely lot.

IanDG

• the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #7 on: 13 January, 2015, 09:58:01 am »
Thanks again all - I'll pass everything on once he moves in. Really greatful for this :)

« Reply #8 on: 13 January, 2015, 10:52:56 am »
Uxbridge Loiterers (CTC) meet at Uxbridge Station 10.00, Wednesdays and Sundays, with various lengths of rides.

Chiltern line runs from High Wycombe to Denham or West Ruislip.

fuzzy

« Reply #9 on: 16 January, 2015, 01:45:55 pm »
Marlow Riders- meet at Marlow Sports Club, Pound Lane, Marlow Saturday and Sunday mornings and put out groups of varying abilities. They do like to use the local hills abut also try and enjoy a fuel stop as well.