Author Topic: Mothers, wives and refusal to create a directory structure.  (Read 3193 times)

rae

Re: Mothers, wives and refusal to create a directory structure.
« Reply #25 on: 02 October, 2008, 11:39:11 pm »
A bunch? Knowing that my previous camera failed at around 20,000 pictures, and my current one has done more, I would say that I've got about 50,000 images. Being anal about the directories is the only way I can handle them. 

Quite - I don't have as many pictures, but pretty much every financial document I have is scanned, with the original disposed of.   About 49 GB of files the last time I checked....

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #26 on: 03 October, 2008, 09:34:45 am »
There's 91,100 files in my Documents folder. That doesn't include photographs (about 45,000) or music or videos.  :thumbsup:
It is simpler than it looks.

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #27 on: 03 October, 2008, 01:10:52 pm »
Chaps, "I, a big user, have to use folders" does not work when the argument's about little users. 

My users at work come in two flavours: the big users, averaging a couple of gigs of stuff in folders, and the little users, averaging about 150mb of stuff in their My Docs root. 

You can argue that the big users got religion and learned how to use their computers properly, but that's the old elite "use the command line" trope repeated again and again.  If you need to learn it, it wasn't obvious enough in the first place.

The little users are getting stuff done in their ugly little buckets.  Yay for that.
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.