Author Topic: My PBP (DNS) jersey / gilet  (Read 11192 times)

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Re: My PBP (DNS) jersey / gilet
« Reply #75 on: 21 September, 2015, 03:38:33 pm »
LEE, homologation trumps Hors Delai which trumps DNF which trumps DNS which trumps not daring to dream about riding.

You forgot one.
Where does completion on an EAPC come in your hierarchy?

IGMC

I hope they've had a nice ride.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #76 on: 21 September, 2015, 04:11:36 pm »
Audax event jerseys make very poor bragging badges, as hardly anyone has heard of Audax.

I thus think they have a larger promotional role. I'd wear a PBP'15 jersey if someone gave it to me - if a non-Audaxer asked me about it, I'd happily tell them about the event I hadn't ridden, and why they might enjoy something similar.

Then proceed to tell them about the zillion events I _have_ ridden, as a test of their endurance ...
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #77 on: 21 September, 2015, 04:47:42 pm »
This scenario might have been a problem before the days of the internet. But now if someone in your club is wearing a PBP jersey, all you have to do is a quick google search and you'll find out how they did.

JamesBradbury

• The before-ride picture is even worse
    • James Thinks
« Reply #78 on: 22 September, 2015, 08:49:24 am »
Late to the thread, but FWIW I packed at Loudeac on the way out, then toured back doing 900km. Wore my jersey on the Eurostar back, but did feel a bit guilty about it. When I told my story one audaxer said "Then take that shirt off!", but I'm fairly sure he was joking.

I still wear it as: 1) It's a nice comfortable jersey. 2) I paid for the event and paraphernalia. 3) I qualified for it and had a serious go. 4) I'll be telling the honest story to anyone who asks.

I wouldn't criticise anyone who does number 4.

Sometimes my wife uses my carradice bag which has AAASR and RRTY badges on it, but I don't think she'll be misleading anyone.

« Reply #79 on: 22 September, 2015, 07:07:45 pm »
Having carefully read, considered, all responses to my original post I do feel wearing PBP 2015 jersey although a DNS is justified and I would go with (4 ) above. The jersey was issued prior to event and indicates qualification for entry and in contrast to medals, certificates does not, IMO, equate to a completion .

worn today as a baselayer jersey and very comfy  :thumbsup:
....after the `tarte de pommes`, and  fortified by a couple of shots of limoncellos,  I flew up the Col de Bavella whilst thunderstorms rolled around the peaks above

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #80 on: 22 September, 2015, 07:41:38 pm »
Late to the thread, but FWIW I packed at Loudeac on the way out,

<snip>

Are you planning on changing your sig any time soon? 
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #81 on: 22 September, 2015, 10:01:30 pm »
Desperately seeking PBP jersey, after completing I lost mine on the journey home on the train from Versailles to Paris (rider K129).  Tried to purchase direct but none left  :'( Size L if anyone wants to sell.

In response as to whether PBP jersey should be worn if not started or completed, this is your personal preference.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #82 on: 22 September, 2015, 11:08:21 pm »
Desperately seeking PBP jersey, after completing I lost mine on the journey home on the train from Versailles to Paris (rider K129).  Tried to purchase direct but none left  :'( Size L if anyone wants to sell.

In response as to whether PBP jersey should be worn if not started or completed, this is your personal preference.

OH hard luck!
That's horrible!

Welcome to yacf!

Might I suggest you ask in 'Wanted' in our Classified section?

yacf members can be very obliging and helpful...

LMT

« Reply #83 on: 22 September, 2015, 11:23:10 pm »

PM me if you want a medium one as I bought two.

Edit: Yep, still in it's original bag with tag still attached. I bought two because...well...you never know.

« Reply #84 on: 23 September, 2015, 10:52:57 pm »
Thanks for your help and comments :)