Author Topic: Youngsters and mobiles  (Read 2695 times)

Re: Youngsters and mobiles
« Reply #25 on: 28 October, 2015, 08:26:30 am »
I've just ordered a BT 8500 phone. Needed a new phone anyway, but this one screens calls before ringing.

ian

« Reply #26 on: 28 October, 2015, 09:14:20 am »
They come and go via my landline and mobile. Most PPI and other claims crap. I'm on TPS. I just hang up immediately.

I've no idea what my mobile number is. It's not like I call myself.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #27 on: 28 October, 2015, 12:06:47 pm »

Except that the only context in which you need to regularly use a phone number these days is when giving your own to other people.  So the only numbers I know[1] are my own.

Admittedly I do that sufficiently infrequently that I sometimes end up mixing them together.

[1] Well, apart from my Gran's from the days of rotary dial telephones.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #28 on: 28 October, 2015, 02:45:28 pm »
They come and go via my landline and mobile. Most PPI and other claims crap. I'm on TPS. I just hang up immediately.

I used to have a printed sticker with the number on the back of my work mobile.  No longer needed as I don't have a work mobile or, indeed, a work.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

rr

« Reply #29 on: 28 October, 2015, 04:52:45 pm »
The landline at the current R towers used to belong to a bed shop so when we first moved in we used to get calls asking about beds. Goggling the number and  telling the various directories to remove it delt with that.
Work telecoms are plagued with PPI calls. My work mobile number has only ever been mine, is registered to my employer and is shared only with close family and within the organisation gets several a month. Unfortunately the security set up on it means that it only displays the caller as looked up in the address book if it is unlooked, so I answer too many of them. They do go away if we tell them that it is a government secure mobile and they have no right  to ring it.
The office, unlisted, not through the switch board, wtshtf, red phone rings several times a day with PPI calls.