Author Topic: AluminIum sheet?  (Read 1636 times)

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
AluminIum sheet?
« on: 20 December, 2016, 11:24:38 pm »
Anybody have a clue as to where i could get some aluminium sheet, I want 2 pieces of 2mm thickness, about 10" to 12" square.
I have a brokken brane and not sure what to googlie-wooglie for.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
Re: AluminIum sheet?
« Reply #1 on: 21 December, 2016, 12:35:34 am »
Found some 0.8mm that will do the job.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
« Reply #2 on: 21 December, 2016, 11:49:12 am »
Otherwise, if there's a Metal Supermarkets branch near you.  Comparatively expensive, but very useful.  I've got all sort of metal sections and sheet for my garden railway activities from the Southampton branch, when I worked in that 'orrible city.  Beware of saying "Oh, I'll take all of that length of 50mm bronze bar, then" unless you are a) sitting down, and b) feeling financially flush.  They used to cut bits of brass or ali sheet for me, to precise sizes, with a big scary guillotine.
Wombat

« Reply #3 on: 21 December, 2016, 12:20:59 pm »
I've used these guys several times, very easy to order https://www.metals4u.co.uk/

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #4 on: 21 December, 2016, 02:10:29 pm »
EBay is another option, for both precut and custom cut.

I got some to make a laptop computer base for soft surfaces to keep the vents clear.  (Rarely used now as I take my phone or tablet to bed instead).
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●