Author Topic: Tourers Riding from Pewsey-Frome-Bristol  (Read 1847 times)

Tourers Riding from Pewsey-Frome-Bristol
« on: 04 June, 2017, 09:07:09 am »
Promise this is an Audax question...

Yesterday I bumped into two guys from Bristol just outside Frome who were travelling from Pewsey to Bristol. You were on a Dawes and a Surly LHT. I was on my Surly Big Dummy on the way to get my youngest daughter from her mum's. You were both also on the Wells/Mells Audax that ACB ran earlier in the year.

You mentioned a 300km Audax ride in the area that's coming up soon. 

If you (or anyone else on here) can enlighten me, I would be grateful. I'm building up for a 200 soon. Not sure I can manage a 300, but it's worth having something to overthink about.

Chris N

Re: Tourers Riding from Pewsey-Frome-Bristol
« Reply #1 on: 04 June, 2017, 09:12:19 am »
Probably this one from Keynsham: http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/17-769/

« Reply #2 on: 04 June, 2017, 11:05:18 am »
Thanks Chris. That sounds just like it. Off to overthink things...

Chris N

« Reply #3 on: 05 June, 2017, 08:24:05 am »
Off to overthink things...

Don't.  Ride a couple of 200s first, see how you feel.  Problem with the LVIS rides is that they seem to sell out quickly.

GrahamG

• Babies bugger bicycling
« Reply #4 on: 07 June, 2017, 09:09:24 am »
I've done parts of that route before - very nice, not too taxing in terms of climb but still lovely scenery, and with LVIS organisation probably a great 300 intro. I got all enthusiastic and entered, my first 200+ in 3 years or more.
Brummie in exile (may it forever be so)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #5 on: 07 June, 2017, 06:07:47 pm »
Did you enter? I looked at it this morning, thought about it, and... now it's full.

I've done parts of that route before - very nice, not too taxing in terms of climb but still lovely scenery, and with LVIS organisation probably a great 300 intro. I got all enthusiastic and entered, my first 200+ in 3 years or more.
I'm surprised about the "not too taxing in terms of climb" cos I'm sure the poster I saw (at the end of the Ball Buster) made it sound like a hilly monster. But the route doesn't look that hilly.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #6 on: 08 June, 2017, 07:02:52 pm »
I haven't entered, and going on this, it looks like I've missed it. I've only just entered my first 200 so maybe I'll take the advice upthread and try a few to begin with.

GrahamG

• Babies bugger bicycling
« Reply #7 on: 09 June, 2017, 08:49:04 am »
Did you enter? I looked at it this morning, thought about it, and... now it's full.

I'm surprised about the "not too taxing in terms of climb" cos I'm sure the poster I saw (at the end of the Ball Buster) made it sound like a hilly monster. But the route doesn't look that hilly.

I'm in, re. climb I should say, that's I've a habit of comparing to the most 'scenic' end of the calendar - rides I loved doing but don't think I've quite regained the kind of fitness back to enjoy yet!
Brummie in exile (may it forever be so)