Author Topic: Make your new year’s resolution for beacon audax  (Read 1311 times)

Make your new year’s resolution for beacon audax
« on: 01 January, 2020, 05:25:46 pm »
Happy New Year for 2020.

The Beacon RCC will be repeating their popular audaxes starting from North Worcestershire, just to the south of Birmingham.  They will also be launching some new rides in addition the old favourites.

Sunrise and Snowdrop Express Audaxes: 29th February
With 200 entries already received, don’t miss booking a place on this 123km event starting from Hartlebury, circuiting the Vale of Evesham with controls at Upton-upon-Severn and Evesham.   This event attracts both audax newbies and experienced cyclists brushing off the winter cobwebs in time for spring.

The Kidderminster Killer (215km); Beacon Burns (150km) & Clee to Heaven (125km): 12th July
Stunning but challenging hilly routes through the hills of Shropshire and beyond.  Whilst hard they offer a rewarding a day especially in the warm of glow of summer sunshine.  All start and finish from Belbroughton.

Autumn Rivers - 3rd October (200km)
Our autumn audax route that undulates from Belbroughton to Ross-on-Wye, Winchcombe and return.

NEW FOR 2020
The Elenydd Permanent Audax Route in remembrance of Dave Pountney.  Starting from Hartlebury to Presteigne, Llanwrytd Wells, Tregaron, Rhayader and Ludlow, this 300km perm incorporates that stunning Abergwesyn Pass and Mountain Road through the Elan mountains.  Classic climbs include the Devil’s Staircase, Telephone Box Hill amongst others.

Summer Weekday Audaxes

Watch this space for an announcement on weekday audax events starting from North Worcestershire.

Beacon Burns – 12th July
A stupidly difficult route designed for those who love hill climbs.  The event summits both Titterstone and Brown Clee hills, including an ascent of the “The Incline” onto Abdon Burf. 

FULL DETAILS AND ENTRY LINKS
http://beaconrcc.org.uk/audaxes
/
Organiser of Droitwich Cycling Club audaxes.  https://www.droitwichcyclingclub.co.uk/audax/

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Re: MAKE YOUR NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTION FOR BEACON AUDAX
« Reply #1 on: 01 January, 2020, 07:43:36 pm »
I was a member of Beacon RCC from 1991-93, after which I moved to a different part of the country.  Great club runs, and I see they still use Worcester Country Park as a stop, which was something I initiated on the only Sunday run I ever led (it was an apocalyptically wet one, not helped by the fact that I included two fords- sorry!). 

It looks to be a massive club these days.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #2 on: 02 January, 2020, 12:18:59 pm »
I was a member of Beacon RCC from 1991-93, after which I moved to a different part of the country.  Great club runs, and I see they still use Worcester Country Park as a stop, which was something I initiated on the only Sunday run I ever led (it was an apocalyptically wet one, not helped by the fact that I included two fords- sorry!). 

It looks to be a massive club these days.

Yes, we still use the Country Park cafe which provides some superb quality food. 

Beacon RCC is becoming quite an audax club these days.  Some of the A Club Runs having reached 400km last year, doubled up as DIYs.
Organiser of Droitwich Cycling Club audaxes.  https://www.droitwichcyclingclub.co.uk/audax/

Re: make your new year’s resolution for beacon audax
« Reply #3 on: 02 January, 2020, 01:35:12 pm »
Signed up for the February Sunrise event. It's been a few years since I participated.

« Reply #4 on: 02 January, 2020, 01:44:03 pm »
Some of the A Club Runs having reached 400km last year, doubled up as DIYs.

Best wishes to Beacon RCC DIYers!

And thanks for your perfect admin.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Re: make your new year’s resolution for beacon audax
« Reply #5 on: 02 January, 2020, 07:52:58 pm »
The A ride was basically the race team in my day.  I did the B ride and the two met up at the cafe (they'd been faster and further).  Charlie took the C ride for beginners.

The Inkberrow cafe did the best sausage sandwich.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.