Author Topic: Friend sets up Thailand based road biking holiday business  (Read 1128 times)

Seineseeker

• Biting the cherry of existential delight
    • The Art of Pleisure
Friend sets up Thailand based road biking holiday business
« on: 07 February, 2009, 01:23:14 pm »
I don't know if this is the right place, but I have a friend who is setting up a holiday company running pretty hard bike riding in the mountains of Thailand. I'm putting up the blurb here incase anyone is interested:

Things have been steaming ahead since Christmas and we are thrilled to announce that our website finally went live a few days ago. Please take a look, enjoy…. and if you would like to keep an eye on us, then you can register for our email newsletter to receive news about our cycling holidays, special offers and last minute deals!  You will also find links to our blog, featuring news, stories and photos, and a link to our YouTube page with some cool videos of our tours which we know you will enjoy. And, of course, our itineraries and masses of photos of our adventures are all there on the site to tempt you!

For those of you who don’t know Thailand, it is a very special country with  amazing landscapes, fascinating culture  and perfect roads for cycling and it is these things that have inspired us to start organising  tours here, and we can’t wait to welcome old friends and new to experience what we enjoy so much. We are running tours with a very personal approach, and most importantly we are having great fun too! Thailand has it all and in our opinion is set to become the alternative winter destination for road cyclists; a hotspot on the world cycling scene.

www.crouchingtigertours.com

http://crouchingtigertours.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/crouchingtigertours[\url]

Please contact us if you have any comments or questions and we hope to see you soon.

Best regards,

Marcus, Natchanan, & Micaela

The Crouching Tiger Team

Crouching Tiger International Cycling Tours

225/266 Moo 13, Kad Farang,

Baan Waen, Hang Dong,

Chiang Mai, Thailand, 50230

T/F: +66 (0)53 430 880

M: +66 (0)806 968 220

[url]www.crouchingtigertours.com

T.A.T. Tour Operator No. 24/0021

Re: Friend sets up Thailand based road biking holiday business
« Reply #1 on: 07 February, 2009, 04:36:28 pm »
As I live in Thailand, I can confirm that the roads generally are very good. Hence suitable for road bikes. To my knowledge there are two decent bike shops in Bangkok, a Trek importer and the other is a Giant importer. Both shops stock a good range of accessories and service bikes also.

Thailand is very hot most days and I only ride during the late afternoon. I guess in the mountains it is a little cooler.

I'm sure these bike tours will be most enjoyable.
"100% PURE FREAKING AWESOME"

Seineseeker

• Biting the cherry of existential delight
    • The Art of Pleisure
« Reply #2 on: 08 February, 2009, 01:19:34 pm »
Thanks LJ (I never realised you were in Thailand), well this guy has been living there a while and he only intends to run the tours February-April and September-November I think. Although I could be wrong about that. Which is good off season riding. I'm planning on taking a trip out there sometime, hopefully this year (or next).

« Reply #3 on: 08 February, 2009, 03:33:26 pm »
Well, at the moment  it is 10.30 pm in the evening. The temperature in Bangkok is 82 degrees and tomorrow the forecast is for 91 degrees and for Tuesday 94 degrees.

The Thai's have a saying that we have two seasons here.

Hot and very hot :o
"100% PURE FREAKING AWESOME"

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: 08 February, 2009, 04:55:52 pm »
April's bloody hot. November is normally pretty good from what I recall. Lots of nice scenery up in that area. Quite hilly though.