Author Topic: How to re-adjust my body clock?  (Read 6256 times)

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Re: How to re-adjust my body clock?
« Reply #25 on: 21 April, 2008, 01:05:03 pm »
Getting yourself to sleep is very psychological too. If you are excited, afraid or stressed, then that can spoil your sleep. Even being too happy can prevent you from sleeping.
i once read that staying awake due to happy thoughts about tomorrow is much less tiring than staying awake due to anxiety about the morn.

This sounds like utter nonsense, but it seems to be true. I bet I wasn't the only kid who got about 4 hours sleep on chrimbo eve, but I don't recall waking up all grouchy, and not wanting to open my presents.
It still works in adulthood. I have no idea why.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #26 on: 21 April, 2008, 01:07:40 pm »
My clock radio is on the other side of the bedroom.  If I want to kill the shrill repugnant sounds of radio 1 and switch to the Today programme on radio 4 then I have to leave my pit!  :)

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #27 on: 21 April, 2008, 01:21:39 pm »
Can you sleep through light?
i.e. would one of those light emitting alarm clocks, or a timer on your bedroom light switch, or even automatic curtain openers for the summer, help?
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #28 on: 21 April, 2008, 03:45:28 pm »
Once I finally get to sleep, I can sleep though anything.

I can quite easily not wake up until 13:00 or later on a bright sunny day, if it was a late night.

Annoyingly, it's only bed-time that I seem to wake up at.  I remember last year in Italy lying down on the ferry ramp, whilst waiting, and falling soundly asleep in seconds.  I also slept through the whole trip, much to the embarrassment of Mrs Nutty as we'd grabbed the seats with the best view and other people wanted them.