Author Topic: Silk Run 100kms  (Read 1296 times)

Silk Run 100kms
« on: 03 June, 2011, 11:50:47 am »
Hi anyone else off the forum doing this event tomorrow. Route seems to be quite ok and i,m going over new roads i havent cycled over before so looking forward to it. Afterwards i,m then going on a mini tour staying at Stow on Wold YHA, Streatley YHA and Street YHA before returning back home to Wales. Hope the weather for the next few days stays as nice as it as been of late. My original plans were to do the Avalon 400kms  :'(  and Seething 600kms  :'( but a stomach bug on the Brevet Cymru put paid to those plans.
Climb every mountain, onwards and upwards.
Next event:- ??????

Re: Silk Run 100kms
« Reply #1 on: 03 June, 2011, 11:55:22 am »
Not this year, no.

A very easy ride though, with the only climb coming quite early up Stanway bank onto the Cotswold ridge.  Quiet and flat lanes from there.

Enjoy.

megajoules expenditure

« Reply #2 on: 03 June, 2011, 05:38:30 pm »
Not doing the event but have ridden this route and thoroughly recommend it as a really enjoyable 100k'er through some lovely countryside and with excellent cafe stops. What more could you wish for on a sunny weekend :thumbsup:

Hi anyone else off the forum doing this event tomorrow. Route seems to be quite ok and i,m going over new roads i havent cycled over before so looking forward to it. Afterwards i,m then going on a mini tour staying at Stow on Wold YHA, Streatley YHA and Street YHA before returning back home to Wales. Hope the weather for the next few days stays as nice as it as been of late. My original plans were to do the Avalon 400kms  :'(  and Seething 600kms  :'( but a stomach bug on the Brevet Cymru put paid to those plans.

« Reply #3 on: 07 June, 2011, 09:27:48 pm »
Just like to say a belated thanks to Mark for a brilliant day on the silk run 100kms nice places and nice scenery only 1 climb of note from Stanway upto trun off for broadway tower area. Laughed at what someone had written on the road of the climb 'almost there' just wish i had taken a pic of it. Turned out i had to climb it later on after finishing the silk run due to making my way to my overnight stay at Stow on the wold YHA. At least i was prepared this time  ;D
I can thoroughly recommend this event to anyone who hasnt done it before.
Climb every mountain, onwards and upwards.
Next event:- ??????