Author Topic: Caption it #728  (Read 1061 times)

deliquium

Caption it #728
« on: 08 September, 2011, 06:16:55 pm »

We said to George "do something nice"

1992 Hampshire before that year's Brian Morris' Up The Downs when we came in with 30 seconds to spare

Re: Caption it #728
« Reply #1 on: 08 September, 2011, 06:32:52 pm »
I saw you finishing! I'd had mechanicals, so was running very late, then was stranded in a dark lane by a total light failure for ages until a straggler came along I could tailgate, so I finished  pretty late, then had to hang around until after 10 for a lift home, after rejecting the idea of riding home (my original plan) lightless. My 2nd 200k.

Way off-topic, but what's new?
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

deliquium

Re: Caption it #728
« Reply #2 on: 08 September, 2011, 09:30:46 pm »
I DON'T BELIEVE IT!

Could be whole new thread?

We had 7 punctures (September hawthorn southern county hedge flailing season, flint strewn wet roads and tight arse cheap 23mm "B" stock Vitorrias from J D Whiskers -  and gave away a spare inner tube the other tandem trikies before Compton - Mark Brooking and partner - he finished several hours before us an owes me a tube (probably with a hole or two in it)

Plus the chain jammed before the final Kingsclere control in the dark, the chain splitting tool broke and our spare torch lost a battery - but miraculously made up enough time chased by rabid dog and drunks in Mortimer to get in within 30 seconds as the village hall was shutting down and begging Brian Morris for any half empty rice pudding cans to lick.

That's the way to start a short lived Audax career! Never got near anywhere near to winning one after that