Author Topic: Headphone advice  (Read 830 times)

Headphone advice
« on: 16 May, 2012, 09:41:13 am »
I'm looking for a nice set of earphones for my iPhone, anyone got any suggestions? I'd prefer these requirements, but am open to wildly different ideas too:

* Std iPhone controls + mic
* Clips over ears so they don't fall out when I'm riding

I don't mind *spendy*, but I do want decent quality. This kind of thing appeals to me:
http://store.apple.com/uk/product/H3633LL/B/bang-and-olufsen-earset-3i-headphones?fnode=MTY1NDA1MA&p=2

I'm tempted, but it seems they're not so strong on the bass, and might not be very sweat resistant.
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

Re: Headphone advice
« Reply #1 on: 16 May, 2012, 08:28:27 pm »
I'd suggest anything that has a rubber earbud-stylee seal on it to keep out external noise*. Judging by the amount of leakage from the headphones of the kids (or older) on the train, their ears are gonna be seriously fscked in not many years. As it is, I've got a degree of tinnitus from several years of using an mp3 player  (with aforementioned earbuds) at modest levels, before that I used bog-standard things for a short while, but the volume I had to use in any noisy environment (bus, and to a lesser degree, train) meant too much volume - and that wasn't even at a level anyone else would hear it much.

Even with rubber earbuds I have to resist turning it up a tad when walking nr traffic.

(Probably going to lots of metal gigs and a short spell in a band with a noisy drummer hasn't helped, tho'...a mate with similar listening preferences has tinnitus that's probably quite a bit worse..)

*sits back and waits for complaints of 'you can't hear the cars around you..'

« Reply #2 on: 08 June, 2012, 06:18:40 pm »
Got some Bose MIE2i today after a lot of searching and thinking, and mostly a lot of indecisiveness. They are INCREDIBLE!!!!
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #3 on: 08 June, 2012, 07:37:21 pm »
I have some Bose over ear headphones and the bass is so good I keep on thinking my chest should be thumping too.

For earphones I got some Klipsch ones and had some silicone ear inserts made for them. Astounding sound quality and also great blocking of external noise.
It is simpler than it looks.