Author Topic: Pre-sale tickets for gigs?  (Read 786 times)

Pre-sale tickets for gigs?
« on: 05 February, 2013, 01:41:19 pm »
How does this generally work?  e.g. presales for Fleetwood Mac  http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Fleetwood-Mac-tickets/artist/735087 in the next few days.
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
Re: Pre-sale tickets for gigs?
« Reply #1 on: 05 February, 2013, 01:44:46 pm »
Usually you need to be a "member" of one club or another, common ones for tickets are O2 Blueroom, Planet Rock and <another I can't remember at the moment>.

These clubs are, generally of zero value other than if there is a 'must goto' concert for you and you know the tickets will sell out quickly.  You are NOT guranteed a ticket, but I have found I can usually get the tickets I want through these clubs and don't have to worry about sitting at the keyboard at 09:00 on a Friday (the day concert tickets usually go on sale).

The cynical will say it is so they can say "X sold out in 5 minutes of tickets going on sale" as the pre-sales don't count!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #2 on: 05 February, 2013, 11:20:22 pm »
OK, I've signed up for LiveNation as they have 'pre-sales' a day early - is that it?  Does 'everyone' end up doing this then...  ???

As you say... 
The cynical will say it is so they can say "X sold out in 5 minutes of tickets going on sale" as the pre-sales don't count!
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

StuAff

• Folding not boring
« Reply #3 on: 05 February, 2013, 11:34:12 pm »
Wot Tiermat said. If it's going to sell out quick, every little helps in actually getting a ticket. When I have missed out, it's either because I forgot until it was too late, or the f***ing website was a crock (eg Kraftwerk at Tate Modern).