Author Topic: A visit to the physio  (Read 1456 times)

A visit to the physio
« on: 09 November, 2014, 08:18:53 am »
I tanked and painted three walls this summer and the last one, the biggest some 20 ft high by 30 wide was a strain. I over did it to beat the weather which I achived but was left with shoulder pain.

The doc gave me Tramadol and Na proxen. I hated the way the tramadol made me feel, rather dislocated and as the wife was out of action as well I felt I had to get off it. So I stopped it dead and (I was on 8 a day) and my god talk about three days or rather nights of hell. No sleep for three days. Erratic uncontrolable leg and arm movements, strong enough to throw off the duvet, itching and I could write a book here but it was no fun at all.

Ok so the doc suggested physio or and shoulder injections so I chose physio. Very nice guy explained to me I had no tear (evidenced from ultrasound scan) and I should just do everything as normal including going cycling again which I had stopped out of fear of doing more damage. He also mentioned that ultrasound as a treatment has been dropped. I am to do some light weight work to strengthen the tendons and carry on.

PH
Bees do nothing invariably.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Re: A visit to the physio
« Reply #1 on: 09 November, 2014, 09:03:22 am »
"Shoulder pain"? Sounds more like the after-effects of crucifixion.

Good luck & GWS
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Jakob

« Reply #2 on: 10 November, 2014, 06:33:14 pm »
Hmmm? Sounds not very thorough?. Did  the physio not go though your range of motion and tested strength of the various muscles?.

Euan Uzami

« Reply #3 on: 10 November, 2014, 06:56:35 pm »
You got an ultrasound and tramadol for "shoulder pain"? I might have to go to your doctor.
I usually get laughed at and told to bugger off.
Any soft tissue injury they don't seem to want to know.

« Reply #4 on: 10 November, 2014, 07:42:09 pm »
Tramadol is a bit heavy duty, and it makes some people feel really weird.

If you've been on it for a while then going from 400mg a day to Zero in one go is going to make you go cold turkey, as you've found out. Next time, try going down by 1-2 tablets a day. If there is a next time.
I am often asked, what does YOAV stand for? It stands for Yoav On A Velo

« Reply #5 on: 10 November, 2014, 07:59:53 pm »
The physio was VERY through and I was very happy with the examination. He tested me in five different ways to isolate the group that was giving the problem.

PH

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6 on: 10 November, 2014, 08:57:51 pm »
Tramadol is a bit heavy duty, and it makes some people feel really weird.

If you've been on it for a while then going from 400mg a day to Zero in one go is going to make you go cold turkey, as you've found out. Next time, try going down by 1-2 tablets a day. If there is a next time.

Quite.
I have neither taken, nor prescribed, tramadol.

« Reply #7 on: 10 November, 2014, 09:36:07 pm »
Yes indeed a gradual tailing off if I HAD known how powerful this drug is. I unfortunately didn't.

I have discussed with hmm probably ten health people, a fair few were guests of ours, and Tramadol has a truly dreadful rep, not one vote for.

PH

Jakob

« Reply #8 on: 10 November, 2014, 11:20:36 pm »
The physio was VERY through and I was very happy with the examination. He tested me in five different ways to isolate the group that was giving the problem.

PH

Ok...the OP made it sound like he just sent you on your merry way.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #9 on: 11 November, 2014, 07:58:32 am »
Tramadol can also cause heroic constipation.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight