Author Topic: Yorkshire Gallop & Ripon Canter - 7-Mar-15  (Read 3219 times)

Bairn Again

Re: Yorkshire Gallop & Ripon Canter - 7-Mar-15
« Reply #25 on: 09 March, 2015, 04:10:26 pm »
Sing yay! for a wonderful day out. journal written. photos posted.

linky

Nigel: Thank you!
nice write up Graeme, you were about 20 minutes ahead of me by the sounds of things.

I wondered what was bugging that woman in the stationary car at the road works, she was most agitated!

Graeme

• @fatherhilarious.blog 🦋
    • Graeme's Blog
« Reply #26 on: 09 March, 2015, 05:46:53 pm »
Faulty traffic control; not always obvious. Glad she didn't take it out on us, and I hope she didn't take it out on the next cyclist she met.

« Reply #27 on: 09 March, 2015, 06:56:42 pm »
Lovely write up of a grand day out Graeme. You've convinced me that pub controls are the way to go. Yay indeed! :thumbsup:

Graeme

• Graeme's Blog
« Reply #28 on: 09 March, 2015, 07:03:15 pm »
lol

Pubs can be one of the hardest controls to escape. Especially if they have a log fire and the weather outside is gloomy.

(click to show/hide)

Bairn Again

« Reply #29 on: 15 March, 2015, 09:37:30 pm »
Bit of an SOS here -

Last Saturday a very kind VC167 rider gave me a lift to the station at Darlington from the finish in Aldbrough St John.  When I was getting my bike out at the station in Darlington I realised that in my haste to remove my front wheel Id managed to detach the cap (nt sure iuf thats the right term, the bit that thredas onto the skewer on the opposite side from the quick release).  Anyhow that got lost somewhere near the event HQ. 

Kind VC167 gent lent me the equivalent cap from his front wheel to allow me to hang my bike up on the train (and also to ride home after reaching Edinburgh).  He game me his name and address to post it back to him, which to my eternal shame Ive now lost as a result of an overzealous wallet clearout.

Anybody help me locate the kind gent? 

I think he said he lived in Bishop Auckland and he definitely had a scottish accent.   We left at about the time that Rob Wod was trying to persuade us all to go for a beer in the nearby pub and Aidan Hedley was contemplating the next control in his quest to ECE the event into a 300. 

I reckon that I could probably remember his name from the finish list when its published but want to settle my debt sooner.

Many thanks

« Reply #30 on: 16 March, 2015, 05:58:50 pm »
Vc 167 member on the Yorkshire Gallop who has a Scottish accent. Sounds like Les Bauchop from Pickering.

Graeme

• Graeme's Blog
« Reply #31 on: 16 March, 2015, 07:42:08 pm »
Sorry I can't help, I was to busy being led astray by Aidan, Rob and Dean.

The generosity of our fellow cyclists in helping each other out is just wonderful isn't it.

Bairn Again

« Reply #32 on: 20 March, 2015, 10:24:13 pm »
Ive located the good samaritan

or more accurately he located me

Twas Ewan Campbll (non VC167)

ta