Author Topic: Guardiola in the Premiership  (Read 2056 times)

Guardiola in the Premiership
« on: 02 February, 2016, 04:16:31 pm »
Of all the clubs in the premiership to go to, I'm pretty glad its Man city.  Fits with my money buys the win view skewed view of things, and actually have come to quite like them. Arsenal fans will be a bit worried, if they don't win it this season that could be them for another long time.  I think they'd have fancied getting Guardiola but this may be another time when Venger has been obstructive to the club.

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
Re: Guardiola in the Premiership
« Reply #1 on: 02 February, 2016, 04:59:32 pm »
Of all the clubs in the premiership to go to, I'm pretty glad its Man city.  Fits with my money buys the win view skewed view of things, and actually have come to quite like them. Arsenal fans will be a bit worried, if they don't win it this season that could be them for another long time.  I think they'd have fancied getting Guardiola but this may be another time when Venger has been obstructive to the club.

Interesting to see how the financial fair-play rules are tested now.

City will want him to tempt Messi to the club.  That would cost a vast amount of money (which the owners would find in their loose change) but financial fair-play means they'd need to offset that by unloading some perfectly good stars.

I have to wonder why anyone living in the best suburbs of Barcelona, earning £50,000,000 a year, would ever want to spend any of their life close to Openshaw, East Manchester. 
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #2 on: 02 February, 2016, 05:21:11 pm »
I thought Guardiola was a water-borne protozoa that caused explosive trips to the lavatory. See also "Dolgellau Bellau".
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #3 on: 02 February, 2016, 05:33:26 pm »
Wow, you disappoint me: everyone knows it's the Italian language version of a well-known, soon-to-be-crowd-funded gazetta.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #4 on: 02 February, 2016, 05:41:30 pm »
Wow, you disappoint me: everyone knows it's the Italian language version of a well-known, soon-to-be-crowd-funded gazetta.

That would be Grauniola, surely? Or is that a breakfast cereal?
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #5 on: 02 February, 2016, 05:49:45 pm »
Guardez Lou ?

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #6 on: 02 February, 2016, 07:12:23 pm »
One of the best football matches I have ever been to, if not the best.

A second string Barca team demolished the pride of Russian clubs. 4-0.
The crowd started singing "Bello. Bello. Bello."

I've always had a soft spot for City, went to Maine road a few times. What a difference from that cynical place across the city next to the cricket ground.

Never been to the new place, and I'm sure the club has changed, but I am looking forward to Guardiola football in the Premiership.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #7 on: 02 February, 2016, 07:52:02 pm »

I have to wonder why anyone living in the best suburbs of Barcelona, earning £50,000,000 a year, would ever want to spend any of their life close to Openshaw, East Manchester.

£50m a year?
I'm pretty sure he won't be living in East Manchester (it was rubbish when I grew up in the city ;) ) He'll be living in Hale Barns, commuting in just like the rest of Manchester's footballers.

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #8 on: 04 February, 2016, 07:56:13 pm »

£50m a year?
I'm pretty sure he won't be living in East Manchester (it was rubbish when I grew up in the city ;) ) He'll be living in Hale Barns, commuting in just like the rest of Manchester's footballers.

True but he'll still need to train in East Manchester and that's a special experience in February as the sleet gets blown over the Pennines.  What's the Spanish for "Chapped legs?".
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.