Author Topic: Adding clutter to remove clutter..  (Read 1207 times)

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
Adding clutter to remove clutter..
« on: 27 August, 2015, 09:51:03 am »
Just had this pop into my new Clutter folder. Needless to say, having it actually go into the inbox would have been more helpful.

Stay on top of your email
We've added an awesome new feature that helps filter your low-priority email—saving time for your most important messages. We call it Clutter.
Clutter looks at what you've done in the past to determine the messages you're most likely to ignore. It then puts them here, in the Clutter folder. Just keep using email as usual and Clutter will learn which messages aren't important to you. From time to time, Clutter might get it wrong. You can move the messages we've incorrectly identified as clutter to your inbox, and Clutter will take notice.

It will be interesting to see how well it works.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

ian

Re: Adding clutter to remove clutter..
« Reply #1 on: 27 August, 2015, 09:59:31 am »
Just had this pop into my new Clutter folder. Needless to say, having it actually go into the inbox would have been more helpful.

Stay on top of your email
We've added an awesome new feature that helps filter your low-priority email—saving time for your most important messages. We call it Clutter.
Clutter looks at what you've done in the past to determine the messages you're most likely to ignore. It then puts them here, in the Clutter folder. Just keep using email as usual and Clutter will learn which messages aren't important to you. From time to time, Clutter might get it wrong. You can move the messages we've incorrectly identified as clutter to your inbox, and Clutter will take notice.

It will be interesting to see how well it works.

I know 33,000 people willing to help you test it.

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #2 on: 27 August, 2015, 12:20:34 pm »
I'm a big boy now and can make my own decisions with email ... so why doesn't Microshaft give the option to not have the Clutter folder.

... in the same vein my optician's receptionist was trying to insist this morning that I give them my mobile number to text me about appointments.  Why?   Have I ever missed an appointment, ever?  No.  Ditto the doctor.  I have really useful trick ... it's called using a diary  :thumbsup:

Rob

« Reply #3 on: 27 August, 2015, 01:00:20 pm »
My dentist has my mobile number, and use it to send txts to remind me of appointments. They normally pop up shortly after my calendar has popped up a reminder. What they failed to use it for was to let me know when the dentist had called in sick - instead they phoned my house phone at 07:30, roughly half an hour after I had to leave the house to get to the appointment on time.  ::-)
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #4 on: 27 August, 2015, 02:16:03 pm »
I'm a big boy now and can make my own decisions with email ... so why doesn't Microshaft give the option to not have the Clutter folder.

It does
And if you find Clutter isn't for you, you can turn it off any time.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #5 on: 27 August, 2015, 02:27:19 pm »
We had that too (at work) - I got our IT support to show me what to do (as we have 356). It has to be turned off in the web interface, we can't do it from the desktop version.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #6 on: 27 August, 2015, 02:29:08 pm »

It does
And if you find Clutter isn't for you, you can turn it off any time.

Why is it that MS et al can't grasp that people would prefer the option of "You can turn it ON at any time"?
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)