Author Topic: Have you been out today?  (Read 2366625 times)

Re: Have you been out today?
« Reply #300 on: May 01, 2008, 12:37:26 pm »
My first commute since mid-February!  The showers are now working, I have a new locker actually in the shower room, I am feeling fit and no trace of bronchial ills.  I am one very, very happy camper.
That's great to hear, Cath.  :thumbsup:

We have just had new showers opened at work. Plus fresh towels provided every day! :D

CathH

« Reply #301 on: May 01, 2008, 01:04:52 pm »
fresh towels provided every day!
Wow, what luxury!  Get a load of this statement today:

2. Changing Facilities, HQ
The refurbishment of the changing rooms at xxxxxx is now complete.  To support green travel to work, both changing rooms have lockers available to staff who regularly cycle or walk/run to work. Please contact the Estates office, HQ if you wish to make use of these. Once all cyclists have been allocated a locker, any remaining lockers will be available on a first come, first served basis.

Things are moving in the right direction!

« Reply #302 on: May 01, 2008, 02:59:56 pm »
That is good news, Cath.  :thumbsup:

« Reply #303 on: May 01, 2008, 08:41:51 pm »
Yes.

25 odd Mi on to come back home. 2/3 of it was hard in the wind (I was on my folder); I was flying on the last leg though. It was good to a be out early too. I could have maybe done the club TT.
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #304 on: May 01, 2008, 08:43:12 pm »
25 miles on the tandem along the Wandle Trail, then across Croydon with it's sillilly long hills. 

To go to Aldi ;D

But we fitted in Geoffrey Butler's en route.
Getting there...

annie

« Reply #305 on: May 02, 2008, 09:42:01 pm »
Finally yes.  I took JC and his friend to their club, the bike was in the car and I had just over an hour to spare.  I managed to cycle 10miles in about 40 minutes and still have time to sit and have a drink and rest before they came out.  I was hot and sticky.

There was an incident with a taxi driver, I must have been invisible as he came out of a pub car park diagonally  towards me, I was in my hi vis jacket cycling alongside a field of rape.  Fortunately his window was down as I screamed and he heard me and swerved into the oncoming traffic before again swerving back towards me.  I  had already managed to unclip and no harm was done as I went into the verge.  The taxi driver looked terrified,   he didn't apologise.  All's well that ends well I guess.

I think this might be one of the first days I have run, gone to the gym and then cycled.  I think my recovery is going well.

border-rider

« Reply #306 on: May 02, 2008, 09:44:23 pm »
10 miles on the trike this evening :)

I've never ridden it that far before, but I was feeling brave after going to the market on it this morning.  A lovely sunny evening ride from home up the Lambourn Valley to the Ridgeway above Ashbury, then back.

« Reply #307 on: May 02, 2008, 09:45:04 pm »
10 miles on the trike this evening :)

I've never ridden it that far before, but I was feeling brave after going to the market on it this morning.  A lovely sunny evening ride from home up the Lambourn Valley to the Ridgeway above Ashbury, then back.

You didn't end up in a hedge then?!

PS Are you giving up on fixed? It would seem so.
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse

border-rider

« Reply #308 on: May 02, 2008, 09:49:25 pm »
no hedges

I haven't given up on fixed.  One day i might fix the trike...

No, just a change of machine. 

revrob

• YACF 426
« Reply #309 on: May 02, 2008, 10:50:50 pm »
105k around Snowdon with a group from Bolsover Wheelers and friends (Yes they do have some!)

Smashing weather, good company, what cycling is all about really.
Pob bendith,

Robert

bobmick

« Reply #310 on: May 02, 2008, 11:39:36 pm »
A 14 mile pootle along the Chesterfield canal and back in warm sunshine.  Lots of walkers and photo opportunities to slow me down to the point where I probably could have walked it almost as quickly.  Did I care?  No, it was lovely.

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #311 on: May 03, 2008, 01:29:03 pm »
I did a fast three laps of Richmond Park this morning (I was wearing my purple Etape 2007 jersey if anyone else was out).  Was faster than I have been for a while, lapping at just over 21 minutes per lap.  I have been quicker than that but a while ago and in a group.

Hoping to break the hour barrier for the three laps this year  :thumbsup:

« Reply #312 on: May 03, 2008, 06:35:31 pm »
after a week of work & builder-related nonsense, I managed 45 miles today.  Surprisingly windy :)

« Reply #313 on: May 03, 2008, 06:38:02 pm »
I did the Wiggy 100, my first Audax,  and I met Mr Mseries.

Jezza

« Reply #314 on: May 03, 2008, 06:40:51 pm »
24 miles, Southwold to Beccles. Very nice ride - easy pace. But the wind's a bit fresh.

Wowbagger

• Dez's butler
    • Musings of a Gentleman Cyclist
« Reply #315 on: May 03, 2008, 07:01:40 pm »
A trip to Waitrose, and back with a trailer full of shopping.
Eating's a serious business. Don't bollocks around wagging your tail.

« Reply #316 on: May 03, 2008, 07:23:11 pm »
I did a fast three laps of Richmond Park this morning (I was wearing my purple Etape 2007 jersey if anyone else was out).  Was faster than I have been for a while, lapping at just over 21 minutes per lap.  I have been quicker than that but a while ago and in a group.

Hoping to break the hour barrier for the three laps this year  :thumbsup:

That's good going. I just haven't been lapping the park as much as I'd like lately so my times are rubbish.  :(

annie

« Reply #317 on: May 03, 2008, 09:00:26 pm »
No but I did spend the day in Cambridge and saw hundreds of cyclists, does that count?

gordon taylor

« Reply #318 on: May 03, 2008, 09:14:15 pm »
I rode the hack up to Hanley this morning for my Biobank medical check thingy. My plans for an afternoon pootle were scuppered when I fell asleep on the sofa.

« Reply #319 on: May 03, 2008, 09:22:09 pm »
A gentle ride to Hertford and back, an afternoon in the sun, and my absurd cycling tan has kicked in already.

« Reply #320 on: May 03, 2008, 09:34:49 pm »
Yes, to my first ever skating lesson in Hyde Park with the wonderful BentMikey! Thanks, Mike, for a great experience: I loved it, and you were very patient with this newbie. :)

Lovely afternoon pootle too with Woolly via a picnic in Brompton Cemetary. Great day.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #321 on: May 03, 2008, 09:37:39 pm »

Lovely afternoon pootle too with Woolly via a picnic in Brompton Cemetary. Great day.

They bury bromtons?  ???
Quote from: Kim
And remember that friends who organise things on Facebook aren't proper friends anyway.

« Reply #322 on: May 03, 2008, 10:28:25 pm »
A short ride from Long eaton to Nottingham train station on my new bike.
Don't ask.

« Reply #323 on: May 03, 2008, 11:44:25 pm »
Basil: no Bromptons buried, but a few alive and kicking on the bike path (not to be confused with the 'dog path').

And, of course, I should have said 'cemetery' ;)

Elleigh

« Reply #324 on: May 04, 2008, 08:02:49 am »
I cycled to the supermarket and back!