Author Topic: Beware Acycles  (Read 1209 times)

Beware Acycles
« on: January 12, 2017, 09:45:56 am »
In November I bought online from Acycles, I spent just under £900 on wheels and pedals but have never received my order.  Worse still they have been really difficult to get hold of as the phone either rings out or gets answered by a french voicemail facility. Anyway, I have got through now a couple of times after persistent ringing and sending emails and although they said they would refund my money they haven't done so.  I am now pursuing an enforced refund and will take legal recourse if necessary. Caviat Emptor!

Re: Beware Acycles
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 11:45:01 am »
I'm sorry to hear that you have had a poor experience. However, I must say that I've used Acycles a few times, usually for things that are difficult to find in the UK, and I have always been delighted. Using PayPal limits any risk to me in any case.

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 10:29:39 pm »
Me too, no problems.

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 02:57:52 pm »
Me too, no issues
Zzzzzz

tippers_kiwi

• Audax, what's that then? Oh!
    • The Road beyond PBP 2015
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 03:41:55 pm »
I have tried to use them twice. Both times the In Stock item was not in stock after all. They offered an alternative item to the same value or refund which was processed within a couple of days. To be fair it was less than a tenner each time.

I hope it gets sorted for you quickly, that's a lot of cash to have hanging out there.

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 04:57:58 pm »
An eBay order with them for bar tape arrived quickly and was exactly as ordered.

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 05:10:50 pm »
jeremydrew121 registered on at least 5 cycling forums over the space of 2 days making one post only.

Several possibilities here.

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 03:31:05 pm »
Hmm. 1 post, last activity the day after registering, 14 minutes on this site.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2017, 07:25:51 pm »

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2017, 07:29:44 pm »
Jeremy registered and provided email contact details so I've used the forum email facility to ask if they have managed to resolve their dispute with Acycles. Will be interesting to see if I get any response.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2017, 07:51:46 pm »
The OP couldn't be arsed searching for exisiting threads on said company and has not come back to explain the outcome of their dispute. Dunno what's going on here, but I suppose we should always remember - The Interwebs are weird.....
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2017, 08:41:50 pm »
It doesn't seem at all weird to me.  Being so hopping mad at losing £900 that all you feel like doing is spreading the word straight away.  Then not being so motivated if and when the problem is resolved.  Alternatively, it's a competitor posting fake reviews.  That's not weird either, just dispicable.
●●●  My eBay items & cycle computer mini magnets  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2017, 09:23:54 pm »
On the CTC forum, I asked the poster which wheels and pedals these were and didn’t get a reply.

I doubt we’ll ever know what this was all about.

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2017, 07:53:19 am »
I received a response.

He says the dispute was not resolved and he had to get his money refunded via his card company. That sounds like a legit dispute to me, not someone trying to spread a false complaint.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2017, 10:26:58 am »
Sounds a bit odd to me as three of our club have received good service from Acycles on multiple occasions. They came up in discussion at the cafe last week

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2017, 11:37:27 am »
Any retailer can have an off day.  Add in the language barrier and it just gets more difficult. FWIW I've had no problem with Acycles myself.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2017, 03:20:05 pm »
What really matters is how a retailer deals with problems.  The fact that there are rarely problems doesn't tell us much at all.  Shipping a box is one thing, taking responsibility to actually refund when it doesn't arrive is another.

We don't know if there were complications with the OP's case, but it was more than can be explained by an off day to never get the promised refund.
●●●  My eBay items & cycle computer mini magnets  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●