Author Topic: Beware Acycles  (Read 517 times)

Beware Acycles
« on: January 12, 2017, 09:45:56 am »
In November I bought online from Acycles, I spent just under £900 on wheels and pedals but have never received my order.  Worse still they have been really difficult to get hold of as the phone either rings out or gets answered by a french voicemail facility. Anyway, I have got through now a couple of times after persistent ringing and sending emails and although they said they would refund my money they haven't done so.  I am now pursuing an enforced refund and will take legal recourse if necessary. Caviat Emptor!

Re: Beware Acycles
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 11:45:01 am »
I'm sorry to hear that you have had a poor experience. However, I must say that I've used Acycles a few times, usually for things that are difficult to find in the UK, and I have always been delighted. Using PayPal limits any risk to me in any case.

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 10:29:39 pm »
Me too, no problems.

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 02:57:52 pm »
Me too, no issues
I tell you something, that was some f_____g ride

tippers_kiwi

• Audax, what's that then? Oh!
    • The Road to PBP 2015
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 03:41:55 pm »
I have tried to use them twice. Both times the In Stock item was not in stock after all. They offered an alternative item to the same value or refund which was processed within a couple of days. To be fair it was less than a tenner each time.

I hope it gets sorted for you quickly, that's a lot of cash to have hanging out there.
Quote from: Tomsk
Don't know if that counts as PBP training, but all miles are good  :thumbsup: