Author Topic: [LEL17] Waiting list 100 hours  (Read 16416 times)

Re: Waiting list 100 hours
« Reply #75 on: 31 January, 2017, 11:43:22 pm »
Matt .. what your advice be for crass stupidity?

[I'm not Matt but...]

Patient considered polite responses or, if that can't be managed, no response at all.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #76 on: 01 February, 2017, 12:00:24 am »
[A Doctor writes]
Some conditions are incurable.
What cannot be cured must be endured.

« Reply #77 on: 01 February, 2017, 12:06:43 am »
The portaloo comment I thought was a valid solution to the issue of riders at some of the controls standing at a urinal in their socks, because they have to take their shoes off before entering (if this is still the case).

Interestingly, we're considering a portaloo at Barney, but I haven't told Fidgetbuzz yet

I seem to remember a discussion about Portaloos with Heather at the Alston control in 2009. I don't remember if it turned up. There was a lot else going on in our lives at that time.

2009 was a real skin of the teeth experience, which I skirted my way around somehow, give or take.

Many expected that running to be a setback for the brand, in the same way that 2007 was for PBP, leading to a lower entry the next time.

« Reply #78 on: 01 February, 2017, 08:50:24 am »
Goes to show that the staging of the event is only really a small part of the event.

The biggest component (not only time wise) is still the 1400km+ of roads that everyone has to cycle. Even then, the route itself is only a small part of that, the rider is responsible for the huge physical effort of riding those roads.

(Alston was one of my favourite controls, I ate there both times and had my best sleep there - 4h or so in a comfy bed - although it helped that I'd left Eskdalemuir just before they stopped [or strongly advised] people not to go out).
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Not far enough

• But what I do I do because I like to do.
« Reply #79 on: 01 February, 2017, 02:16:15 pm »
I'm on the 100 hour waiting list for my first LEL, don't mind, it will (hopefully) be a great experience  :P  I missed out on a guaranteed entry by a month, have my fingers crossed as all the other VC167 boys and girls are doing it  :thumbsup:

BTW my kids use LEL a lot in their texts

http://www.acronymfinder.com/Slang/LEL.html

https://www.strava.com/athletes/stevegee

Is it better for a man to have chosen evil than to have good imposed upon him?

« Reply #80 on: 01 February, 2017, 02:26:30 pm »
Matt .. what your advice be for crass stupidity?

[I'm not Matt but...]

Patient considered polite responses or, if that can't be managed, no response at all.

Fully agree

« Reply #81 on: 01 February, 2017, 02:27:38 pm »
[A Doctor writes]
Some conditions are incurable.
What cannot be cured must be endured.

:facepalm: