Author Topic: I sold two bikes last week  (Read 733 times)

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
I sold two bikes last week
« on: May 19, 2020, 04:39:35 pm »
I sold two bikes last week

Both of them had been available for over a year and very little interest

One was a 60cm aluminium Orbea from 2004, with various additions (new brakes, better wheels, better saddle etc) Nice bike but it's size and being an Al racer seemed to make it hard to sell

The other was an aluminium Ridley, which I suppose you'd describe as a winter trainer.  It had hand made wheels, a rack and generator powered lights.  It was a few years old not as old as the Orbea.  The size was less than the Orbea, more in the average guy kind of area.  Dunno why this didn't sell before.  Maybe people don't want racks on a road bike?  Or the price was wrong?

Anyway sold them both for 300 quid each on the bay (so the net amount is much lower but hey, whadda can you do?)

My tip is, if you have a spare bike you've been "meaning" to sell, do it now.  The weather is great and everyone wants a bike
Audaxing Blog follow @vorsprungbike on

Re: I sold two bikes last week
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 05:07:50 pm »
I agree. I sold a 30 year old Dawes Super Galaxy, although in fantastic condition, would have taken an age to sell ordinarily. It made pretty good money too. If I was happy and so was the buyer, the price was just right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 05:14:04 pm »
going by the sold prices, i could sell couple of my bikes after riding several thousand km on each, for at least double the price i paid. might sell one of them.

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 05:18:37 pm »
I've got my Aravis Audax and my Colnago Master to sell. This could be a good time.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 06:22:55 pm »
I've got my Aravis Audax and my Colnago Master to sell. This could be a good time.

Peugeot Aravis? I had one once. I liked it very much.

Then I found this thread https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=53446.0 And remembered the newer Aravis. I think Spa bought a few of the last in a ‘fire sale’ and were selling them very cheaply. Below their own steel audacity, with a slightly different name. John told me where they’d come from.

Anyway, back to the Peugeot - 531c and skinny tunes with a proper 80s paint job of bright purple/magenta and white fade. Set up singlespeed to while away the miles sitting on a white Selle Italia Turbo saddle...

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2020, 07:04:05 pm »
It's one of the Hewitt/Aravis/something else Audax frames:-

Still for sale here technically, you can see how long I've been faffing about not really trying to sell it (thread started April 2013):-

https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=70306.0

I'll get it out and spruce it up and take some up to date photos, price will probably be adjusted too (not in an LMT way though...)
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2020, 07:09:46 pm »
We have an old frame left with us by a friend who moved away from the area and couldn't be bothered to take it with him. Would probably make a single speed "hack bike" but needs quite a few components including wheels! Might advertise it now.

fd3

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2020, 02:31:41 pm »
I was thinking this.  Did you need to post them or did they collect?
I might just do this.
[/I could be wrong]

LMT

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2020, 03:15:44 pm »

Still for sale here technically, you can see how long I've been faffing about not really trying to sell it (thread started April 2013):-

I'll get it out and spruce it up and take some up to date photos, price will probably be adjusted too (not in an LMT way though...)

You got a problem PM me, pissy snide remarks make you look like a dick.

Rust never sleeps

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2020, 09:54:31 am »

;D ;D