Author Topic: Crivit jersey - from Lidl - £7!  (Read 1708 times)

bludger

• Randonneur and bargain hunter
Crivit jersey - from Lidl - £7!
« on: July 26, 2018, 11:02:51 am »
Welcome back to bludger's bargain basement review series.

A few weeks ago Lidl held one of their bike kit sales, in which I also snaffled up a maintenance stand, but seeing this jersey at such a low price point I thought it was too good to miss so I picked one up. After about a month of wear it's been a good bit of gear I would definitely recommend to you when it goes back on sale.

I have this black/white/red design which goes nice with the rest of my cycling clobber.

It features a full length zip, three generous rear pockets and a zipped compartment which is big enough to hold phone, keys and credit card in one go (though my size is XL).

The bottom seam is nicely rubberised which prevents ride-up and the inner zip is sealed with an over-flap thing that keeps the zip from rubbing on your skin. No kind of chafing on it whatsoever.

In terms of performance for my kind of cycling (steady randonneuring/touring with a couple of nudges during training) it's been great, no problems.

The only niggle I have is that it seems quite spacious at the top (i.e. when you sit down it isn't completely form fitting around the neck) but this is more a fitting problem with me than it is a fault with the jersey IMO.

My only regret is I didn't buy two!

I did eye up the Lidl shorts as well, they seemed OK but I'm one to spend the dough on chammy when comfort is on the line. I don't think they come as bibs either.
YACF touring/audax bargain basement:
https://bit.ly/2Xg8pRD

Ban cars.