Author Topic: Full Fat Festive 500: Accommodation/Campervan & travel sharing  (Read 1150 times)

Full Fat Festive 500: Accommodation/Campervan & travel sharing
« on: September 08, 2018, 10:46:08 am »
This thread is for entrants to share their plans.

Accommodation - Bristol is full of it. YHA about 20mins by bike away in the centre.
(Camper)vans - On street parking at the start, just find a spot, no one will be bothered if you are sleeping in there. Access to the HQ (my home) is possible in the evening for use of the facilities. Local restaurants close by. Keys will be safe in my home should you need.

Travel - If you are travelling perhaps a lift share could be arranged.

Luggage can be left in my home if needed. If for some reason you DNF I'll post it to you at cost if you aren't local and have gone straight home. Make sure your luggage is one bag for ease.

Re: Full Fat Festive 500: Accommodation/Campervan & travel sharing
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 12:17:46 pm »
Thanks Will  :thumbsup:
Eddington Number 75

Big Jay

• Condor Road Club
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 09:58:15 am »
This thread is for entrants to share their plans.

Accommodation - Bristol is full of it. YHA about 20mins by bike away in the centre.
(Camper)vans - On street parking at the start, just find a spot, no one will be bothered if you are sleeping in there. Access to the HQ (my home) is possible in the evening for use of the facilities. Local restaurants close by. Keys will be safe in my home should you need.

Travel - If you are travelling perhaps a lift share could be arranged.

Luggage can be left in my home if needed. If for some reason you DNF I'll post it to you at cost if you aren't local and have gone straight home. Make sure your luggage is one bag for ease.
will forgive my laziness, whats the date of this again please?
 :thumbsup:
A bike, a bike, my kingdom for a bike. Etc..

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 01:18:56 pm »
Not wanting to make it too easy, self supported etc....

http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/18-507/

;)

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 07:06:27 pm »
You are a generous man, Will. Others would have allowed Big J to wallow in their self-confessed laziness.

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 10:57:13 am »
Hand holding ends there....

Big Jay

• Condor Road Club
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 11:46:32 am »
You are a generous man, Will. Others would have allowed Big J to wallow in their self-confessed laziness.
In the spirit of openness, peace and love.
A bike, a bike, my kingdom for a bike. Etc..

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 08:41:22 am »
I've added this to my strong maybe list :)  Better start preparing for some winter kit.
Frequent Audax and bike ride videos:

https://www.youtube.com/user/djrikki2008/videos

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 03:33:00 pm »
Looking forward to this one.  Is Mr Curran's RWGPS still about accurate?: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/6680611

Have booked a hotel a couple of miles from the start and another in N'hampton for the Saturday night.  Both surprisingly cheap for the season.

Just need to keep the legs turning between now and then...
'Accumulating kilometres in the roughest road conditions'...

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2018, 04:17:25 pm »
Is Mr Curran's RWGPS still about accurate?

There are some changes but the general outline is good. The final route after all checks etc will be released 2 weeks before, maybe 3. Still goes through Northampton. I'll identify an excellent Indian restaurant that has been a stop on both my rides and gone above and beyond for a bunch of sweaty cyclists whilst dealing with the usual festive customers, also a 24hr MDs on exiting; for those using basic audax hotels  ;)