Author Topic: LEJOG: 26 - 31 JULY 2020  (Read 15009 times)

Re: LEJOG: 26 - 31 JULY 2020
« Reply #125 on: March 13, 2020, 03:46:56 pm »
Looks like Loganair are stopping the Wick to Edinburgh flight at the end of this month.

« Reply #126 on: March 18, 2020, 07:14:46 pm »
Hate to mention it but Coronavid19 how is this going to play out or too soon to say

« Reply #127 on: March 18, 2020, 08:09:45 pm »
I would be amazed if anything runs before October  unfortunately all the experts think its going to 6 months. Minimum! !

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #128 on: March 18, 2020, 08:11:31 pm »
I would be amazed if anything runs before October  unfortunately all the experts think its going to 6 months. Minimum! !

TbH, I'm expecting the whole year to be a write off :(

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

« Reply #129 on: March 18, 2020, 08:37:17 pm »
Q, i think your right, spent all day deciding what to do about my events!

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #130 on: March 18, 2020, 10:44:08 pm »
Q, i think your right, spent all day deciding what to do about my events!

Even when events can be run again, people are going to be trying to run all the postponed events at the same time on the same very small selection of available dates.

If stuff happens it's a bonus, but I'm kinda assuming that nothing will happen this year.

This is going to effect things far and wide.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

Jack_P

• It's just dicking about on bikes
    • Cycling hobo
« Reply #131 on: March 19, 2020, 11:05:06 am »
A shame but I'm also expecting a total cancelation, certainly would be a different ride with less daylight of Autumn.
The seed has been set though and I am still keen on doing a LeJog of some form this Summer.

can this even happen in 2021 with LEL running?

« Reply #132 on: March 19, 2020, 03:21:43 pm »
While cancellation is possible, the ride is still over 4 months away.  The IOC still think they will be holding the Olympics at that time which is probably less likely add it requires the situation to be under control in all countries not just this one.

While I would not be surprised if it does have to be cancelled I am bit giving up hope just yet. See what the picture looks like at the start of June.
   Eddington  87 miles

Andy Corless

• Doesn't take the p***, says it as it is!
« Reply #133 on: March 20, 2020, 09:07:59 am »
Good morning all!

Firstly, I'd like to offer my condolences to anyone who's lost loved ones during the Covid 19 pandemic. I'd also like to take the opportunity to thank those AUK members working for the emergency services around the clock for us all this last few weeks during the dreadful Covid 19 outbreak.

Obviously, we've seen the Covid-19 outbreak have an impact on sporting events worldwide which might or might not have an impact on the LEJOG event. As you're all probably aware, AUK has temporarily suspended all future AUK events indefinitely due to the COVID 19 outbreak. The AUK board are going to review the situation at their next board meeting in late April, but they've also advised organisers not to cancel their events at the moment for logistical reasons.

As the LEJOG isn't due to take place before late July there's unlikely to be any further movement with the event physically or financially before the
April board meeting, other than myself continuing to build the event in the hope that the situation improves before the Summer and the event will go ahead as planned, although event entry has been restricted for now. In the meantime, entrants will continue to receive bi-monthly updates (next update due in April). If or whenever it becomes apparent that the LEJOG has to be postponed; cancelled etc then a range of options will need to be explored.

However, this is a rapidly escalating pandemic and actions, including government sanctions can be implemented at a moment's notice that have implications for everyone.

Andy Corless
Organiser
LEJOG AUDAX 2020