Author Topic: Rapha PRO TEAM INSULATED GORE-TEX JACKET  (Read 1629 times)

Rapha PRO TEAM INSULATED GORE-TEX JACKET
« on: October 13, 2019, 03:26:46 pm »
Rapha PRO TEAM INSULATED GORE-TEX JACKET.  Advertised as : The ultimate waterproof jacket for the coldest, wettest conditions.

I know Rapha is stupidly expensive and just for fanboys but I am a sucker for new kit.  Also today was my first ride in over 9 weeks due to an accident and it was going to rain all day.  So i treated myself.

I wore it with a lightweight spring long sleeve top underneath and then the jacket.  I was completely warm without being too warm.  Average HR was about 128 so not too much sweat but when the HR went up it seemed to cope OK with breathability.

Totally waterproof.  I do not think I have ever been so comfortable in the wet.  The water truly beaded on the surface.  I got home, shook it and it was 90% water droplet free.

Will it last? I do not know, the blurb states it cannot be used with a rucksack so it may not be the most durable but at the moment it is excellent. 

Is it value for money?  no, there are many other tops that will do the job but the combination of total waterproof, pink fluffy lining and a decent hood is good enough for me.

Re: Rapha PRO TEAM INSULATED GORE-TEX JACKET
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 04:45:23 pm »
I had been considering getting one of these too, so thank you for the review.

Is the hood made of the same material as the rest of the jacket? I'm just wondering how well it would cope with being clamped between head and helmet, given that it apparently won't cope with a rucksack.

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 03:45:21 pm »
The hood is a mix of the fully waterproof over the top and then the sides are a more stretchy material.

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 07:55:50 am »
Thanks!

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 12:28:27 pm »

How small does it pack down?

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2019, 09:38:19 pm »
The insulated one not as well as the pure waterproof. I will try and phot it

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2019, 03:24:22 pm »

J

Bikerumor said a little larger than a 620ml bottle in the review they posted in the last day or two. https://bikerumor.com/2019/10/14/review-rapha-pro-team-insulated-gore-tex-jacket-keeps-dry-warm-when-its-cold-wet/

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2019, 09:12:34 pm »

J

Bikerumor said a little larger than a 620ml bottle in the review they posted in the last day or two. https://bikerumor.com/2019/10/14/review-rapha-pro-team-insulated-gore-tex-jacket-keeps-dry-warm-when-its-cold-wet/

I would agree with that as regards size. 

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2019, 01:09:38 pm »
supposed to be a good piece of kit. None of the shakedry kit will manage a rucsack. 7Mesh/Gore and Castelli all do the same product in rain jacket but the insulated one may be rapha specific. The Gore jkt has stretch panels on the sides which makes the fit neater. And there is a small company who are working to produce other colours for Gore tex

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2019, 05:46:44 pm »
Any colour, as long as it's black.