Author Topic: Lockdown - has it made driving slower and drivers more courteous?  (Read 43249 times)

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
Re: Lockdown - has it made driving slower and drivers more courteous?
« Reply #400 on: 15 May, 2020, 01:59:06 pm »
Not interested in doxxing myself on an internet forum thanks. Nor is that actually material to the merit of the argument - that cars must be banned.

You are the man in the well.

I'll take that as either you're doing nothing, or what you are doing is something of questionable legality. Showing us what campaign(s) you might be involved with or supporting is hardly 'doxing'.

bludger

• Randonneur and bargain hunter
« Reply #401 on: 15 May, 2020, 02:00:45 pm »
I go about the night with a u lock smashing up cars. I have a particular passionate hatred for Porsches which I will set on fire once I've set about them. I'll do this until cars are banned. Then I'll move on to car museums.
YACF touring/audax bargain basement:
https://bit.ly/2Xg8pRD

Ban cars.

TimC

« Reply #402 on: 15 May, 2020, 02:16:13 pm »
I go about the night with a u lock smashing up cars. I have a particular passionate hatred for Porsches which I will set on fire once I've set about them. I'll do this until cars are banned. Then I'll move on to car museums.

I have a feeling you're not joking. I'm very glad I live nowhere near you.

Keep going, son. You're doing a good job of confirming you are the idiot I thought you were.

bludger

« Reply #403 on: 15 May, 2020, 02:22:15 pm »
Hope you've got insurance on your luxury death cage old chap it'd be a shame if it were damaged

Ban cars.

TimC

« Reply #404 on: 15 May, 2020, 02:27:07 pm »
Hope you've got insurance on your luxury death cage old chap it'd be a shame if it were damaged

Bring it on, sonny. I now know who you are and who you claim to represent.

bludger

« Reply #405 on: 15 May, 2020, 02:28:22 pm »
Don't recall claiming to represent anyone. Just my own argument. That cars must be banned. Fed up with my friends and relatives being frightened to cycle their own streets and neighbourhoods by selfish boy racers hooning about in luxury sports cars pretending they're James bond. All the while poisoning tens of thousands of people's breathing air.

Ban cars.

TimC

« Reply #406 on: 15 May, 2020, 02:31:40 pm »
Don't recall claiming to represent anyone.

If you carry on as you are, you will quite likely have to represent yourself in court. I suspect the organisation(s) that use your services would not be happy that you are associated with them, given your statements above. You need to calm down and rejoin the discussion in a civilised manner. Your outbursts are not helping anyone.

bludger

« Reply #407 on: 15 May, 2020, 02:33:18 pm »
Oh. So you are doxxing. Nice one. If you actually think I'm smashing up cars then I also hope to interest you in the sale of tower bridge for the low price of £25,000.

Ban cars.

Ban cars.

TimC

« Reply #408 on: 15 May, 2020, 02:38:05 pm »
Oh. So you are doxxing. Nice one. If you actually think I'm smashing up cars then I also hope to interest you in the sale of tower bridge for the low price of £25,000.

Ban cars.

I have no idea whether you are or not, but you threatened to do so and I don't appreciate that. I'm not going to waste my time or money coming after you, but if you want to be taken seriously you need to learn how to persuade people of the strength of your argument. And you don't do that with threats. Because they might fight back.

bludger

« Reply #409 on: 15 May, 2020, 02:40:36 pm »
It's pretty clear that since you told me to my face that you don't care if I die or not, or if your actions are going to kill me ( https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=115570.msg2496206#msg2496206 ) that there is no argument I can conceivably make to you. It's clear your luxury car is more important to you than my life.

Good luck with your council meeting...

Ban cars.

« Reply #410 on: 15 May, 2020, 02:47:31 pm »
If you actually think I'm smashing up cars then I also hope to interest you in the sale of tower bridge for the low price of £25,000.

That's weird.  You made a post a few days ago telling me that if I drove my car in your neighbourhood you would smash it up.

That post seems to have now gone  ???

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #411 on: 15 May, 2020, 02:48:11 pm »
Addressing the 'slower and more courteous' question, I've just been shopping and the traffic in some roads is up to I'd say 90% of pre-covid levels, whereas on side streets and, curiously, the main A38, it's still maybe half of those levels. I'd say it seems less courteous now than when there was very little traffic in the first few weeks of lockdown. Certainly less willing to wait behind a cyclist or let people cross the road other than at an official crossing. Speeds about the same though.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

C-3PO

• Human-cyborg relations
« Reply #412 on: 15 May, 2020, 02:48:37 pm »
Master bludger, I resepctfully beseech you to ensure you are aware of and compliant with this page

Those that struggle to comply with the ethos will find it a struggle to log in for a while.

TimC

« Reply #413 on: 15 May, 2020, 02:49:08 pm »
It's pretty clear that since you told me to my face that you don't care if I die or not ( https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=115570.msg2496206#msg2496206 ) that there is no argument I can conceivably make to you. It's clear your luxury car is more important to you than my life.

I told you that I don't particularly care how or when you die. There's no 'or not' about it. You will die, and as I said in that post, it's likely to be at a greater age than your ancestors thanks to the improvements we've made in our living conditions, cars notwithstanding. Though if you carry on in real life in this style, you risk physical injury rather more than most of us! It's true that your life individually is of no importance to me. I don't wish any ill to you, but whatever happens to you, good or bad, will make no difference to my existence.

As for my car being more important to me, yes it is. It improves my life. You do not.

Davef

« Reply #414 on: 15 May, 2020, 02:50:02 pm »
That wouldn't bring Catriona back from the dead. My occupation is to stop the drivers killing people in the first place and the only way to do that is to ban the cars.
Another way is to have driverless cars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bludger

« Reply #415 on: 15 May, 2020, 02:50:15 pm »
My bike improves my life but I'd still destroy it if your life was on the line. Or anyone else in yacf for that matter

What a difference in values.

Ban cars.

« Reply #416 on: 15 May, 2020, 02:50:24 pm »
God, the piousness !

Edit to add: To clarify, this wasnt directed at bludger. (in spite of that last post  :)

TimC

« Reply #417 on: 15 May, 2020, 02:56:51 pm »
Enough. Goodbye, Bludger.

ian

« Reply #418 on: 15 May, 2020, 03:16:00 pm »
Can you imagine what it would look like if rural areas had an on-demand public transport system such as the one entitled Londoners have, and expect.

I'll never forget, in the 70s, a friend of mine from London coming to my village and being stunned that there weren't 5 buses an hour into the town (11 miles away). There was one a day. Despite what our resident forum mouthpart would have you believe there had never been frequent bus services killed off by car ownership.

Yes, but where you live the only constant running water is the endemic diarrhoeal illness. We will send missionaries and food.

In London, we now have hover cars and jet packs.

C-3PO

• Human-cyborg relations
« Reply #419 on: 15 May, 2020, 03:18:29 pm »
Personal threats have resulted in the removal of posting privileges for a member.  This may be the first time in a decade.

As you were.

« Reply #420 on: 15 May, 2020, 03:24:07 pm »
Personal threats have resulted in the removal of posting privileges for a member.  This may be the first time in a decade.

Was the list time someone threatening with a screwdriver whilst riding?

I miss BaW...
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #421 on: 15 May, 2020, 03:33:13 pm »
Can you imagine what it would look like if rural areas had an on-demand public transport system such as the one entitled Londoners have, and expect.

I'll never forget, in the 70s, a friend of mine from London coming to my village and being stunned that there weren't 5 buses an hour into the town (11 miles away). There was one a day. Despite what our resident forum mouthpart would have you believe there had never been frequent bus services killed off by car ownership.

Yes, but where you live the only constant running water is the endemic diarrhoeal illness. We will send missionaries and food.

In London, we now have hover cars and jet packs.

Easier to escape after stabbing someone, with a jetpack.

We haven't progressed beyond throwing turnips at people.

ian

« Reply #422 on: 15 May, 2020, 03:38:46 pm »
Are you threatening me with your turnip?

« Reply #423 on: 15 May, 2020, 03:42:48 pm »
You come round here with your swanky London ways and you'll get turnipped, and carried out on a stick.

We don't like your sort

« Reply #424 on: 15 May, 2020, 03:46:10 pm »
Rather sorry I started this thread...  I meant well.