Author Topic: Facemasks - fitted or pleated for speech?  (Read 2641 times)

fuaran

• rothair gasta
Re: Facemasks - fitted or pleated for speech?
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2020, 01:22:17 pm »
Asking for a friend :
Is a gimp mask with zip acceptable?
Now available from Planet X.

arabella

• no se porque yo no lo se
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2020, 10:24:59 am »
I have a (yacf) buff.  And another buff (winter mode) and I've repurposed a couple of shirts (it's OK, they were already in the rag bag - does anyone else have a rag bag any more?).

I used the govt approved 15cm x 25 cm design instructions.

One is 2-layer and ties, the other 3-layer, with elastic - simply because of what I dug out of my box of haberdashery stuff (like your box/pile of random cycle bits, only with zips/buttons/ribbons/elastic/etc).  I may do a plain one if the fancy ever takes me but 3 can be rotated daily if it comes to it.  Though I try to avoid shops in general anyway.

& no, I haven't worked out how to stop glasses misting up.  Luckily I don't use them for close up, which tends to be when I need to speak.
In the dark, all views are the same.

« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2020, 01:32:13 pm »
I've been using a buff but I do find it either slips down over my nose (I don't know how I've got a huuuuge nose) or it gets too hot and steamy and makes my nose run.

I'm mostly relying on distance and keeping shop trips to a minimum.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

Kim

• Timelord
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2020, 05:19:16 pm »
does anyone else have a rag bag any more?

I think mine technically goes by the title "trousers drawer"   :-[
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2020, 06:27:18 pm »
I have a (yacf) buff.  And another buff (winter mode) and I've repurposed a couple of shirts (it's OK, they were already in the rag bag - does anyone else have a rag bag any more?).

I used the govt approved 15cm x 25 cm design instructions.

I find a cotton T-shirt sleeve is quick and easy - sew the cut end up and turn inside out for that professionally-tailored look, leave the other end open to add an insert if desired, knicker-elastic to the corners.

But I'm generally wearing a buff to go into supermarkets. 
It's not dark yet but it's getting there.

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2020, 12:54:38 pm »

& no, I haven't worked out how to stop glasses misting up.  Luckily I don't use them for close up, which tends to be when I need to speak.

Tissue folded up tucked in the top works for me to stop the misting, with a Buff. Not tried that trick with the mask yet.