Author Topic: Mid-Essex / Bit of Suffolk 2 night bivvy extravaganza (11th to 13th September)  (Read 3743 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: Mid-Essex / Bit of Suffolk 2 night bivvy extravaganza (11th to 13th September)
« Reply #125 on: September 11, 2020, 07:10:48 am »
Is the plan to head to a pub near Bish Stortford for food tomorrow night? If so, best if I meet you there - as heading from opposite direction and will allow for slight imprecision on departure time on my part.

Which pub are you referring to. Yesterday evening we identified a few!

No idea! Didn't make it last night to the "planning" meeting! I'll stand by - how a location and time emerges is more mysterious than electing a new pope!

Oaky The Pub Finder identified The Three Horseshoes in Hazel End and The Three Willows in Burchanger. Helpfully no decision was made on which one we’ll go for. I’ll have a look later.

@Nick - the problem you’ve got is our eldest Elder doesn’t do apps!  He ain’t on social media, relies on the GPS between his ears (which is as good as any Garmin) but you can phone and text him!

Oscar's dad

Re: Mid-Essex / Bit of Suffolk 2 night bivvy extravaganza (11th to 13th September)
« Reply #126 on: September 11, 2020, 10:23:06 am »
I've made an executive decision (which I can back out of if needs be)...

I have made a reservation for us at The Three Willows, Birchanger.  I have got us an outside table for between 2000 and 2030hrs, so perhaps we can meet there?  If anyone gets there before me claim the table, the reservation is in my name.

I think the plan is that me and Oaky will meet up on the Peg Millars / Dancing Dicks cross roads, sweep up Tomsk at the Jalsa Ghar and then ride on into the evening.

As I say I can unmake the reservation if it doesn't suit or someone has a betterer idea.

« Reply #127 on: September 11, 2020, 11:08:10 am »
Meeting there at 2030 would be great for me.

« Reply #128 on: September 11, 2020, 03:45:01 pm »
Sorry, chaps - I am going to have to bail out. Family stuff. Can I meet up with you tomorrow for the 2nd night? Maybe I'll catch up with you during the day?
Sorry again,Nick.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #129 on: September 11, 2020, 04:20:06 pm »
Sorry, chaps - I am going to have to bail out. Family stuff. Can I meet up with you tomorrow for the 2nd night? Maybe I'll catch up with you during the day?
Sorry again,Nick.

No worries fella, all my adventures have built in flexibility so join when you can.

« Reply #130 on: September 11, 2020, 04:27:26 pm »
You're amazing  :-D :thumbsup:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #132 on: September 11, 2020, 06:04:16 pm »
Three willows just on left if you’ve come over the M11 on the cycle way from Stansted. Was there in lockdown.