Author Topic: How do you make scrambled eggs?  (Read 4483 times)

Re: How do you make scrambled eggs?
« Reply #125 on: December 17, 2020, 11:16:27 am »
No faffing here. Melt a little ( half teaspoonful) butter in a small nonstick frying pan, two eggs and approx 2 tablespoons of full fat milk. Start stirring immediately, breaking and mixing yolks in with egg whites and milk. As soon as there's no runny egg, server on pre warmed plate with a slice of ham. Salt and pepper to taste. Takes 3 minutes to cook, 1 minute to eat. Eat to live. It's fuel.

« Reply #126 on: December 17, 2020, 03:38:35 pm »
No faffing here. Melt a little ( half teaspoonful) butter in a small nonstick frying pan, two eggs and approx 2 tablespoons of full fat milk. Start stirring immediately, breaking and mixing yolks in with egg whites and milk. As soon as there's no runny egg, server on pre warmed plate with a slice of ham. Salt and pepper to taste. Takes 3 minutes to cook, 1 minute to eat. Eat to live. It's fuel.

Why not make an omelette then, even quicker  ;)
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #127 on: December 17, 2020, 04:08:51 pm »
Wanna bet. My wife thinks I'm a heathen, she takes great care making scrambled eggs. She makes a posh omlette. Then calls it a fritata. Probably wrong spelling there. It's basically scrambled eggs with onions, tomatoes, mushrooms and ham or chorizo. I digress . It's not important how one cooks their own scrambled eggs as long as you enjoy it.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #128 on: December 17, 2020, 04:31:46 pm »
It's not important how one cooks their own scrambled eggs as long as you enjoy it.

Yes - to go back to why I started this thread, it's not so much about finding a definitive 'correct' answer as being interested in why people use the methods they do. A lot of it comes down to what you look for in the finished dish, whether you prefer your eggs light and fluffy or rich and creamy, dry or runny, that kind of thing. And that's just a question of preference, not right or wrong. But scrambled eggs seems to be one of those things that people get very dogmatic about.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #129 on: December 17, 2020, 05:06:07 pm »
Butter melted in the pan, eggs whisked with a dash of double cream and some ground pepper.

The egg imo needs to be cooked until the very early signs of solidification show, then turn off the heat and stir briefly before electing to stand for a minute or so.  I prefer my scrambled eggs not to "set".

A rich tomato ketchup or tomato chutney sets off sourdough toast and scrambled eggs a treat.