Author Topic: which USB webcam?  (Read 723 times)

fboab

• It's a fecking serious business, riding a bike
Re: which USB webcam?
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2020, 05:43:28 pm »
I expect someone somewhere has invented a gadget like a foam-lined bulldog clip that you can attach to the edge of your laptop's screen to cover the lens of the camera.  Available off of that eBay for £2.99 or your nearest FruitCo Store for £59.99.

Given away along with pens and screen wipers in the shape of frogs from chemical companies at trade shows, IME.
TSS is not Total Sex Score, Chris!

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2020, 06:17:15 pm »
The current iteration of the Logitech 920 the 920s comes with a flip down lens cover.

And the covers are available online for less than a fiver.  Still find it easier to unplug though as they don't cut the microphones.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2020, 03:50:36 pm »
I've just ordered the Aukey £40 jobbie. Will let you know if its any good. I've had excellent results with Aukey stuff in general so I have high hopes.
Here's some samples. I have a decent enough webcam built into my macbook pro for proper face to face chats. I got this for mostly ""hanging out/co-working" with friends.

While it is HD the quality isn't great imho. But not sure I can get better for a similar price.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium