Author Topic: ETA Cycle Rescue - Review  (Read 6172 times)

Re: ETA Cycle Rescue - Review
« Reply #25 on: 12 August, 2021, 05:03:25 pm »
I've considered this before, but also been proudly self sufficient.  More than one cyclist has benefited from a roadside wheel rebuild (with parts) I have supplied for free, in the same way I have benefited from others supplying me assistance.

I was actually thinking about this again the other day but then realised anything within cycling distance is also within walking distance, albeit a bit slower.  In an absolute emergency 999 will get you the ambulance to look for the missing limb, otherwise it's time to phone a friend or walk to a lodging of reputable repute and request a room for the night.    On the last big ride I had a pre-planned room booked, but didn't spend much time in the bed due to rebuilding the bike after stupidly using a cycle path and managing to limp the last few miles there.

For the people who have signed up and it's worked, I'm glad it has worked for you.

« Reply #26 on: 12 August, 2021, 05:37:43 pm »
Walking with a bike on roads without pavements or a suitable verge is surprisingly tiring and, if busy, a stressful business.  Add to that being tired after a long day in the saddle and it's not a pleasant prospect.  Not to mention batteries running low on your lights (due to extra walking time) on a night ride.

That's why I pay the annual sub anyway.
The sound of one pannier flapping

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #27 on: 12 August, 2021, 06:55:14 pm »
Anything within cycling distance is also within walking distance, albeit a bit slower.

I find this interesting.
To me 30km is a good days walking in decent walking shoes.
30km is between an hour and an hour and a half on the bike.

If I need to go 30km with a bike, then I'm not wearing good walking shoes.

« Reply #28 on: 12 August, 2021, 07:57:05 pm »
If I need to go 30km with a bike, then I'm not wearing good walking shoes.

Well indeed.
The sound of one pannier flapping