Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 743509 times)

fuzzy (retd.) AAGE

• SWMBO's Toy Boy.
  • Apprentice Leathery Old Git
    • The Secret Cyclist blog
Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #11925 on: March 27, 2020, 12:08:25 am »
Real bike shops are permitted to stay open! They can cut cable to length, ask them to molish an appropriate nipple.

They are and they do. Christ it's been busy. So many people realising that they need a bike to get out of the house for their one exercise a day or discovering that their long garaged/ sheded bike has siezed up and needs molishing. They still need all this yesterday though.

Another thing. What is it about born again cyclists that means they can't read big signs saying wait outside to be served, or dont see the barrier sash right accross the entrance giving the run ragged staff a bit of social distance? Yes, that bright red barrier sash that they moved to one side before asking if they can come in?

And breathe (through the makeshift buff facemask of course).
Quote from: tatanab
The mark of a true cyclist - prepared to try anything on offer

If it ain't bad for you it ain't worth doing

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #11926 on: March 27, 2020, 07:06:47 am »
TacxGarmin have stopped support for the TTS 4 software, I knew this was coming as they want to sell their new subscription app, but they've also stopped selling the RLVs for it FFS, why cut off an income stream.  I've got 4 videos and was looking to get a few more a while back but never got round to it, and now I can't. might give them a call later
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #11927 on: March 27, 2020, 11:41:25 pm »
Have a look at BigRingVR.com
Much better than the Tacx RLV and massive numbers now.

ElyDave

« Reply #11928 on: Yesterday at 05:57:10 am »
yebbut I've already paid for the Tacx software, and videos, I'd rather not pay again, and keep paying through the new fangled subscription only model

I might do the BigRing free trial thoughto have a look. 

« Reply #11929 on: Yesterday at 06:21:42 pm »
DVLA. I renewed my driving licence online as I need a new photo, and they were able to use my passport photo.
Grumble 1. The passport photo is older than the old driving licence one
Grumble 2. I have to post the photocard back to the DVLA. I can't just cut it or drill holes in it and email a photo of that or something.
Grumble 3. I tried to renew my wife's licence and the website timed out, claiming 20 minutes of inactivity, just a few seconds after I had just entered credit card details.
Grumble 4. When I tried to go back on the website to retry for my wife and it said that the data was not available for 24 hours.
Quote from: Kim
Paging Diver300.  Diver300 to the GSM Trimphone, please...

Kim

• Timelord
« Reply #11930 on: Yesterday at 07:23:04 pm »
Good to see that COVID-19 hasn't impacted the DVLA's service standards in any way...
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #11931 on: Yesterday at 09:49:17 pm »
We've run out of tonic.  We're not really short of anything food wise, so a shopping trip tomorrow wouldn't really count as 'essential'. Bugger.

And gin & orange is just  :sick:

So, a scotch, or a cocoa?  I'm bored stupid and cocoa takes longer to make, so probably that then.
And remember that friends who organise things on Facebook aren't proper friends anyway.

ElyDave

« Reply #11932 on: Yesterday at 09:54:46 pm »
cocoa with a splash of scotch?

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #11933 on: Yesterday at 09:58:44 pm »
cocoa with a splash of scotch?

Already there.  :D
Had to dig around the back of the cabinet for the cheap stuff, mind.
And remember that friends who organise things on Facebook aren't proper friends anyway.

ElyDave

« Reply #11934 on: Today at 07:29:26 pm »
Have a look at BigRingVR.com
Much better than the Tacx RLV and massive numbers now.

can you set it up as per the Tacx etc to do intervals, steady sessions, pre-planned workouts etc as well as the video's, or is it video only?

« Reply #11935 on: Today at 10:28:02 pm »
I have not done workouts but they have just introduced them. There is no reason why you could not do a workout on a Garmin whilst riding the video.

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #11936 on: Today at 10:42:42 pm »
TacxGarmin have stopped support for the TTS 4 software, I knew this was coming as they want to sell their new subscription app, but they've also stopped selling the RLVs for it FFS, why cut off an income stream.  I've got 4 videos and was looking to get a few more a while back but never got round to it, and now I can't. might give them a call later

You probably know that they've turned off the server that validates the TTS 4 licence key, so you can't simply reinstall if something goes wrong.
but just in case you didn't...
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick