Author Topic: Bought any cycling stuff today?  (Read 874852 times)

Re: Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Reply #1950 on: 11 March, 2012, 02:21:50 pm »
I've ordered some new Assos tights because I left the ones I wore yesterday in the washing machine with the door ajar last night, and the dogs decided they would make a tasty snack during the night  :facepalm:

To be fair, those tights didn't owe me much because I have worn then on almost a daily basis for 2 autumns, winters and springs now and washed them hundreds of times. They still worked though, goodbye old friends :(

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #1951 on: 12 March, 2012, 03:01:11 pm »
A metric tonne of inner tubes (18-25 and 29er) and a Carradice for the secret project.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #1952 on: 12 March, 2012, 05:11:07 pm »
I got lured by the locks at Planet X and then my finger slipped a little bit

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/BASMGBSB/selle_monte_grappa_borsello_leather_tool_saddle_bag

Be nice if it fits Brooks

« Reply #1953 on: 12 March, 2012, 05:20:26 pm »
After the "feedback":-

Chains a bit  :o :o :o ::-)

I've ordered a chain tensioner from the LBS. I'd wanted a Surly Singulator but the shop doesn't deal with Surly so I picked something similar out of their catalogue.
Good news is that my broken Campag shifter has been returned fixed ! I should get the bike back this week which will be nice.

« Reply #1954 on: 12 March, 2012, 10:31:35 pm »
A Magicshine front light - light head (& 'O' rings to mount it) only, to go with the batteries I already have but haven't been using for lack of a suitable nice bright light.

Ordered this morning, e-mail from magicshine.co.uk late afternoon to tell me it had been despatched.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Lycra Man

• SR 2011, 2012 & RRTY
« Reply #1955 on: 12 March, 2012, 10:42:13 pm »
Some multi-compound brake inserts. Found them eventually at Chain Reaction Cycles, after failing at my LBS.

Last set were purchased in Evesham in August, and fully worn down just before a metal on metal grinding mishap could occur.

Lycra Man

« Reply #1956 on: 12 March, 2012, 10:51:51 pm »
I accidentally bought an assos jacket today :-[. I went into Brixton cycles to get a cable to go with my U-lock and there it was on the sale rail, with £100 off - a beautiful pink and black jacket. I didn't buy the shoes that were on sale though O:-).
What? A 20% discount?  :o

Standards are slipping.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #1957 on: 12 March, 2012, 11:13:19 pm »

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/BASMGBSB/selle_monte_grappa_borsello_leather_tool_saddle_bag

They do
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

tiermat

« Reply #1958 on: 13 March, 2012, 10:25:37 am »

GIT! Ordered one for the secret project, plus pedals, headset and brakes (so it will go and stop) :)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #1959 on: 13 March, 2012, 10:38:22 am »
From Cycle Force UK I have purchased some reportedly very special and very nice leather cycling shoes.  I also got a pair of kevlar lined full finger gloves.  I just need to get some platforms with the SPD cleat pattern now to sort it out.

« Reply #1960 on: 13 March, 2012, 11:46:00 am »
The Magicshine light head I ordered yesterday arrived this morning. Top marks to Magicshine.co.uk.  :thumbsup:

It's faulty.  :(  Plugged in to battery, switched on. Nothing. Then a faint wisp of smoke appeared. Repeated, with front off, & heard a faint frying noise, & could see a little glow through the hole in the back plate through which the red wire passes. Oh dear. It's shorting out back there.

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #1961 on: 13 March, 2012, 11:56:50 am »
Three new chains for three of our bikes.  Pleased with the KMC 10 speed chain on the audax bike - it's done double what a SRAM chain did, including some pretty grotty winter riding). 

New chains always make bikes feel great again!

And some CO2 cartridges for Cass (I'm not a believer in them apart from if I were to be racing or something; but she likes them for commuting as she's not all that good at pumping up tyres when she gets a flat). 

This weekend I must do some fettling - change those chains, put bar tape on the fixed (been riding naked for about 3 months now since putting new levers on!) and repair the mudguard mount on the audax bike.

Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

« Reply #1962 on: 13 March, 2012, 02:29:07 pm »
From Wiggle (lazy I know), some RED Cinelli cork tape to go on my mainly-black-with-red-accents bike.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #1963 on: 13 March, 2012, 03:35:24 pm »
My YACF pink T shirt has arrived :)

« Reply #1964 on: 13 March, 2012, 05:48:58 pm »
I now have the Lumicycle rear light to go with the Front I already have, excellent service (again) from Lumicycle and an excellent rear light to match the power and quality of the front, all this and made in England  ;D
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1965 on: 13 March, 2012, 09:40:53 pm »
New stoker!

(not really, it's a Really Useful Box box)

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #1966 on: 13 March, 2012, 10:42:19 pm »

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1967 on: 13 March, 2012, 10:44:59 pm »
That would be A Nice Thing to find in a delivery. :)
Getting there...

tiermat

« Reply #1968 on: 14 March, 2012, 01:31:15 pm »
The parts I orderd earlier in the week are now starting to arrive, so I now need to find somewhere to put

2*locks (one modulus and one U-lock and cable)
1*Carradice Pendle
2*leather tool rolls (bargains from on-one/planet-x)
6* 29er inner tubes
2 sets of long drop brakes
A Stronglight A9 headset

And the pedals, and headset press, when they arrive.

GrahamG

• Babies bugger bicycling
« Reply #1969 on: 14 March, 2012, 01:35:40 pm »
Just got off the phone to my old boss. He's emigrating and donating me his 1994 Kona Lavadome!
Brummie in exile (may it forever be so)

« Reply #1970 on: 14 March, 2012, 02:03:02 pm »
I've ordered some new Assos tights because I left the ones I wore yesterday in the washing machine with the door ajar last night, and the dogs decided they would make a tasty snack during the night  :facepalm:

To be fair, those tights didn't owe me much because I have worn then on almost a daily basis for 2 autumns, winters and springs now and washed them hundreds of times. They still worked though, goodbye old friends :(

Bollocks, the one shop that claimed to still have the ones I want now say they don't and can't get any more, so refund coming my way. This is probably a good thing because I need that dosh to pay my car tax without going overdrawn. Hopefully it should now be shorts +/- leg warmers weather from now until next winter so I shall worry about the tights then. If I was after winter weight padded bib tights there would be loads of decent options, but girls can't piss in fields wearing bib tights, and I don't like having to take eeeeverything off to use a toilet in any case :(

« Reply #1971 on: 14 March, 2012, 02:06:04 pm »
girls can't piss in fields wearing bib tights, and I don't like having to take eeeeverything off to use a toilet in any case :(

Shewees are the answer :) Usable with bibs 8)
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #1972 on: 14 March, 2012, 02:20:00 pm »
girls can't piss in fields wearing bib tights, and I don't like having to take eeeeverything off to use a toilet in any case :(

Maybe not a bad idea that! However you can't crap in them too can you?

« Reply #1973 on: 14 March, 2012, 02:37:51 pm »

Maybe not a bad idea that! However you can't crap in them too can you?
Bleugh! But that's not usually more than once or twice a day though.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

YahudaMoon

• John Diffley
« Reply #1974 on: 14 March, 2012, 02:52:29 pm »
A few bits over the last week

Got this as Im TT'ing  this year

Ive been waiting two years for a new seat post though its never really been a priority.  This is for my track bike that hasn't really been used for a long time though I hope to be using it for some short TT.
Going for a good price at the moment from Terry Dolan

My local bike shop did me a excellent job for the money with my audax bike though to keep the cost down he fitted cheap brake callipers.  I love the campag brakes so I've upgraded to chorus. Not new though

New rear tyre for my track bike

Had to get a helmet :( 'BC nazi league' (Quoted from Harry Halls) :)

Also got a new jacket as my old one had holes in holes and some flashy back lights.

The money was for a Garmin though thats something I just cant have at the moment. Maybe later in the year  :)