Author Topic: Wiggle  (Read 91785 times)

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
Re: Wiggle
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2008, 08:35:01 pm »
How the heck did you managed to get that ? The last 4 orders from Wiggle which all have arrived double fast thanks to the great wiggle service NONE of them had any wiggle-gummie-bears at all, itsnotfair ... (sticks out bottom lip smiley)

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2008, 08:36:08 pm »
Just ordered some swimming stuff

peliroja

• Mrs Woolly
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2008, 08:39:16 pm »
Someone at work just thanked me for helping on his project with £20 wiggle vouchers! The third work-related set I've had!

This time, I might even spend them on myself...  ::-)

« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2008, 08:43:24 pm »
NONE of them had any wiggle-gummie-bears at all

Same here  :(

I've spent quite a bit of money over the past 2 weeks and had nothing  :'(

My wife ordered a £10 item and got a bottle opener !!

Where's my sweeties  ???
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2008, 09:16:15 am »
How the heck did you managed to get that ? The last 4 orders from Wiggle which all have arrived double fast thanks to the great wiggle service NONE of them had any wiggle-gummie-bears at all, itsnotfair ... (sticks out bottom lip smiley)

Because, being in sales, I'm a little cheeky - and wrote in the "Any additional comments" box - Please please please please please can I have some Wiggle gummy-bears!
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

peliroja

• Mrs Woolly
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2008, 10:02:24 am »

Because, being in sales, I'm a little cheeky - and wrote in the "Any additional comments" box - Please please please please please can I have some Wiggle gummy-bears!
So did I, and we didn't get anything.  :'(

ABlipInContinuity

« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2008, 10:14:50 am »
Proud owner of two wiggle bottle openers here.
I gave one to Maffie.

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2008, 12:00:23 pm »
Hmmmmmm nothing in my first order, must resist further shopping for freebie  :demon:

« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2008, 12:53:19 pm »

That's exactly what I did, although my langauge may have been a little more persuasive! Gummy bears every time now  :thumbsup:
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

αdαmsκι

• Twitter @Dr_AAY Instagram @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2008, 03:15:58 pm »
Nienke ordered some stuff from them on Tuesday afternoon and today it turned up in my office. Perfect service, complete with gummy bars.  Question is, will I be able to restrain myself and not eat the gummy bears before I get home?
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2008, 03:32:16 pm »
That is it, I'm never ever ever going to order anything from Wiggle again ...

... just after my order for a new saddle, brake pads, shoe, padded shorts etc etc :)

αdαmsκι

• Twitter @Dr_AAY Instagram @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2008, 03:34:38 pm »
Order each item separately to increase you chance of gummy bears.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2008, 03:38:05 pm »
Between me and Peli the amount of boxes we have had shipped here over the last year, at least one of them could have had a little bag of goodies, but no :(

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2008, 03:47:57 pm »
All I've ever had from Wiggle was one of their crappy bottle openers, which proved unable to cope with the pressure of a Mr Larrington on holibobs in a region where halfway decent BEER is only available in bottles :'( 
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2008, 07:47:38 pm »
Mr Wiggle is no longer my #1 online bike retailer.  :(

Last week, I ordered a 7 sp and 10 sp chain.  On the web site, the 7 speed was in stock, but the other one showed stock due early September.  3 days after ordering, I got an automated email saying they were out of stock, and inviting me to either amend the order or cancel.  The 7 speed chain was now showing it was due at the middle to the end of September, and the 10 speed at the end of October.

So I cancelled, and got them cheaper and next day from Chain Reaction Cycles.

Mind you, Chain Reaction also seem to have long delays for some types of 10 speed chain as well.  Must be the Olympic effect.  ::-)
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2008, 09:41:41 pm »
If you order with the free postage you take second place in the queue to someone who's ordered and paid postage, so if there was a rush on 7 speed chains (which seems unlikely) they may have sold out by the time they process your order. My last few orders from Wiggle have all been delivered 2-3 days after ordering (with free postage option), they seem have cut back on the speed of shipping for this option. That said, I've had a load of gums and/or bottle openers in each box!

« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2008, 11:29:03 pm »
I'm not sure that is correct - unless their online stock doesn't match what is actually in the warehouse.
I've watched this myself, order something that the website claims has (say) 8 in stock, and as soon as your order is submitted the site shows 7 in stock.

I've never had a problem with out of stock items that I've ordered, and have ordered the last one of something several times.

I've not had gums or bottle openers for a while, despite being a platinum customer with an annual spend that I daren't look at...

Wowbagger

• Dez's butler
    • Musings of a Gentleman Cyclist
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2008, 09:58:31 pm »
I'm in the middle of ordering stuff and they keep adding £3.99 to the order for "priority dispatch".

They say I get free postage, and I don't want to pay this bloody extra, but it seems I can't excapte it. I could go elsewhere but the rear derailleur is at a 46% discount.
Basses lower the tone.

« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2008, 10:02:25 pm »
I'm in the middle of ordering stuff and they keep adding £3.99 to the order for "priority dispatch".

They say I get free postage, and I don't want to pay this bloody extra, but it seems I can't excapte it. I could go elsewhere but the rear derailleur is at a 46% discount.

Can you not click and change it to free dispatch at the final stage of the order process?

Wowbagger

• Dez's butler
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2008, 10:15:04 pm »
I don't think so.

They have a bit on their website to say that most customers choose Priority Dispatch but I couldn't find out how to get rid of it.

It's cost them my order because I just bought it from Chain Reaction for only 30p more.
Basses lower the tone.

« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2008, 10:36:34 pm »
They have a bit on their website to say that most customers choose Priority Dispatch but I couldn't find out how to get rid of it.

The two may not be entirely unrelated :)

You can change it at the final stage of the order, but it is easy to miss (and I have to concentrate to do it each time - sometimes I do priority by mistake).

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2008, 10:40:40 pm »
Of course you can change it to free delivery.

Just click the button that says "Free delivery" when you go to pay.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

Wowbagger

• Dez's butler
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2008, 10:42:34 pm »
This complete nonsense about "Priority dispatch" really annoys me. If most customers choose it, then it's not a priority, it becomes normal. It's simply a sly way way of getting more money out of the punter.

I remember exactly the same cobblers when Royal Mail introduced 1st and 2nd class postage. If everyone chose to put 2nd class stamps on, then of course that would become the norm.

Of course you can change it to free delivery.

Just click the button that says "Free delivery" when you go to pay.

It already says free delivery. After it's told me how much I will pay, showing free delivery, it then adds £3.99 to this total.
Basses lower the tone.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2008, 10:53:20 pm »
Nevermind what it says at first.  Go to pay for your order, then you can change it to free delivery.  I've used Wiggle many times and have always selected free delivery with no problems.

It doesn't matter what they call it.  It's only silly punters who pay extra for delivery when they're not in a great hurry.

Whenever you order online from whatever company, if you've got any sense, you check what is being charged for delivery and look for alternatives before confirming.

It may not really be true that most punters go for Priority Despatch.  Wiggle are being naughty if so.  Nevertheless, Wiggle is one of the best online shops, IMO.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

Wowbagger

• Dez's butler
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2008, 10:55:36 pm »
Thanks for that, but as I say, Chain Reaction have my order for just 30p more, and a much more transparent website.
Basses lower the tone.