Author Topic: mirrors on bikes?  (Read 8067 times)

Re: mirrors on bikes?
« Reply #25 on: 18 June, 2009, 08:46:31 am »
Another vote for the B+M Cyclestar bar-end mirror from me.  I have one on all my bikes.  They are fairly unobtrusive, they don't vibrate and they don't go out of adjustment whilst riding.  Oh, and they give you a fairly good view behind you.  You can see one of mine on this photo:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #26 on: 18 June, 2009, 09:24:33 am »
I don't have much experience of mirrors.  We have one on the tandem, but all I can see is the stoker's mirror. ;D

I fancy one of the bar end ones, but I have my gear levers there :-\

I'm tempted to spec one for my commuting machine.  Hell, it's already going to have hub gears, a chainguard and a propstand.  Why not a mirror?  But it'll have bullhorn bars, too, so the natty and discreet bar end ones won't be much good there either ;D

I shall follow this thread with interest. :)
Getting there...

deliquium

« Reply #27 on: 19 June, 2009, 12:17:06 am »
Another + for the Wildoo. Never get knees anywhere near it.

« Reply #28 on: 19 June, 2009, 11:16:49 am »

Oh we are mirrors on bikes and we brightly shine
We are singing and dancing in perfect time.

That's enough, Sally! That's enough!  >:(
Quote from: Marbeaux
Have given this a great deal of thought and decided not to contribute to any further Threads for the time being.
POTD. (decade) :thumbsup:

« Reply #29 on: 19 June, 2009, 11:21:40 am »
Quote from: Marbeaux
Have given this a great deal of thought and decided not to contribute to any further Threads for the time being.
POTD. (decade) :thumbsup:

« Reply #30 on: 19 June, 2009, 02:22:00 pm »
I had the small one similar to those, but it frequently go knocked off. I prefer the view in the Mirrycle ones. The don't wobble too much and have a nice big surface that isn't too convex. :)

I had the original mirrycle - for old-fashioned non-aero levers.  Very little vibration, but a completely non-standard allen-key to adjust and very difficult to find a position where you saw more than a reflection of your own arm.  The new STI version looks like it would suffer from same drawback.

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #31 on: 19 June, 2009, 08:14:47 pm »
whilst all this pontification has abounded, miss whiplash seems to had withdrawn her whip, but I'm still quite stiff !! :o Never felt the need before, always relied on 'the force' and it does work. its like those cycle path stepped barriers, I see no obstacle in going thro at 15kph, wheras some folk get all in a lather, even when then get off the bike.  interesting to see the interest tho'