Author Topic: Members' photos  (Read 507446 times)

Blah

• Not sure where I'm going
Re: Members' photos
« Reply #100 on: 25 April, 2008, 05:11:26 pm »

Can you actually ride in that position?

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #101 on: 26 April, 2008, 01:33:20 am »

Me practicing the pursuit of bad guys.

Of all the things to photoshop, why the fone? ;)
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #102 on: 26 April, 2008, 01:37:09 am »

Me in Malta
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

gonzo

« Reply #103 on: 26 April, 2008, 11:55:06 am »
Can you actually ride in that position?

I'm usually a bit further forwards on the saddle, but yep. I'm flexible in all the right places and utterly rubbish in others (I can bite my toenails, but I can't come close to touching my toes).

I used to be lower until I realised that I was sloping head down which wasn't great for power output and probably ddn't improve aerodynamics.

I highly reccomend getting someone to take a side on shot of you in the TT position; you'll be amazed at what you look like and what changes you chould make.

steveB

« Reply #104 on: 26 April, 2008, 12:00:24 pm »

Me on the banks of the mighty Mississippi, baton Rouge, April 2007 when I went as a lecturer to an Emergency Services Cycle Patrol conference.

You lucky bugger, what a job!

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #105 on: 29 April, 2008, 10:38:26 am »

a very tired (and grumpy looking) me, in the new club kit - after 120km of wind, rain, hail and hills,  and with another 40km of head wind to go.

Did a hard 100 miler yesterday. Stornoway to Hushinish to Tarbert and back to Stornoway. An uncharacteristic northerly wind meant an easy first part to the ride but then 100km of cross/head wind at the end of the day.

(and I had forgotten me wallet so I couldn't stop for coffee and cake, and had to survive on energy drink, nutri-grain and dried apricots)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #106 on: 29 April, 2008, 01:29:41 pm »

(and I had forgotten me wallet so I couldn't stop for coffee and cake, and had to survive on energy drink, nutri-grain and dried apricots)

I hide small amounts of folding money in a few strategic places so I don't go hungry or get stranded. Recommended.

LEE

« Reply #107 on: 29 April, 2008, 01:40:42 pm »

I hide small amounts of folding money in a few strategic places so I don't go hungry or get stranded. Recommended.

You realise Hummers is going to read that sentence?

You may want to rephrase.

annie

« Reply #108 on: 29 April, 2008, 03:21:53 pm »

Same here, normally in the .......... or the ...........

alan

« Reply #109 on: 29 April, 2008, 04:23:47 pm »

same here

« Reply #110 on: 29 April, 2008, 05:01:16 pm »

Can't quite picture that  ???  Could we have some photos please  ;) ;D :-*

Glosbiker

• Gentleman Antiquarian
« Reply #111 on: 30 April, 2008, 08:54:36 am »
I've never seen a Henry Burton before. 

Tell us more about the bike please Windy.
Question everything, accept nothing.

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
« Reply #112 on: 30 April, 2008, 10:21:48 am »

I am guessing here, but I *think* Henry Burton is Windy's name in RL?

Could be totally wrong of course!
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

IanDG

• the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #113 on: 30 April, 2008, 10:26:49 am »

The frame is a 631  Aravis Audax - as supplied by Byer Cycles, Hewitt and others.  Kit is a mixture of components - Stronglight 48/38/28, 13-23 8sp, tiagra gears, bar end shifters, RSX brakes, Rigida DP18 on Ultegra hubs, Panaracer Pasella 25c tyres and a max flite gel flow saddle.

Henry Burton is a shop in Stafford, started around 1950, in which I worked (on and off) from about 1978 to 1985. The shop used to build their own frames (Charley Bettley was the frame builder) (clicky) but now all frames are sourced from outside builders with 'Burton' decals added. My dad used to ride a 'Burton' and did many miles of touring on one in his younger days.

Henry died in the mid-late 70's and the shop is now run by his son, John. The shop is the main sponsor of Stafford Road Club - my first cycle club

IanDG

• the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #114 on: 30 April, 2008, 10:28:02 am »

I am guessing here, but I *think* Henry Burton is Windy's name in RL?

Could be totally wrong of course!

totally  ;)

It's a link with my youth  :)

Henry Burton

Glosbiker

• Gentleman Antiquarian
« Reply #115 on: 30 April, 2008, 10:42:49 am »
I wondered if it was an Aravis.  I see Byercycles are now doing an "compact" Aravis frame as are Hewitt.
Question everything, accept nothing.

« Reply #116 on: 30 April, 2008, 11:02:03 pm »
Great shot Windy! Determined, tired look; great pose; nice background. I like the perspective too.
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse

annie

« Reply #117 on: 01 May, 2008, 07:18:51 am »

If I did you would be embarassed, very embarassed :-*

fuzzy

« Reply #118 on: 01 May, 2008, 05:11:35 pm »

Me practicing the pursuit of bad guys.

Of all the things to photoshop, why the fone? ;)

Wassup wiv the fone?

fuzzy

« Reply #119 on: 01 May, 2008, 05:12:07 pm »

Me on the banks of the mighty Mississippi, baton Rouge, April 2007 when I went as a lecturer to an Emergency Services Cycle Patrol conference.

You lucky bugger, what a job!

I know- life is hell 8)

diapsaon0

• Advena ego sum in terra
« Reply #120 on: 01 May, 2008, 05:15:59 pm »

If I did you would be embarassed, very embarassed :-*

Perhaps we should be the judge of that  :P
Advena ego sum in Terra

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #121 on: 02 May, 2008, 07:01:54 pm »

But where do you put the change?
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #122 on: 02 May, 2008, 08:11:30 pm »
Me crossing the finish line on the BHF White Peaks challenge last weekend

« Reply #123 on: 04 May, 2008, 09:26:35 pm »
Here's me on last years Manali - Leh ride, with Out There Biking, taken at the top of the Gata Loops.

Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

gordon taylor

« Reply #124 on: 04 May, 2008, 09:54:04 pm »

Hey! I recognise that bridge... I cycled over it heading west in 2005. It had a steel deck with big gaps and I nearly wet myself.