Author Topic: Alpkit  (Read 3715 times)

αdαmsκι

• Twitter @Dr_AAY Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
Alpkit
« on: October 05, 2009, 08:55:47 pm »
Alpkit don't sell cycling gear. What they do sell is a range of camping, and other outdoor gear - things like their own thermarests, sleeping bags and headtorches. Their products are fantastic value (inc. free P&P) and Alpkit are very quick at posting things out. A British company to support, IMO.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

Re: Alpkit
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 08:58:28 pm »
I wouldn't know. Whenever I've wanted to buy stuff from them - they've been out of stock  ::-).

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 11:21:28 pm »
We had to wait for a month or so to get the sleeping bags we wanted. When we got them they are simply the best sleeping bags I have had and used over the years. And we got a friendly note in the box with the sleeping bags. For sure going to use them again.
#bollockstobrexit

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 12:21:39 pm »
I wouldn't know. Whenever I've wanted to buy stuff from them - they've been out of stock  ::-).
This is the biggest problem with Alpkit, IMO - they sell some really nice gear, but most of the time they never seem to have any (I finally managed to get myself a Rig7 tarp after Ghod-knows how long trying)

Having said that, when they do have stuff in stock, the turnaround is pretty quick, even on bespoke items such as frame bags, of which I now have two.

Top marks for customer service, too: a couple of days ago a young man in their employ, whose name I didn't catch unfortunately, rang me to query something I'd specified on my 'full' framebag before he actually made it - one short discussion later and everything was sorted out and the bag was dispatched yesterday. Considering that their framebags are fully custom jobs, that's pretty good going  :thumbsup:

Cudzoziemiec

• Eating all the pies and drinking all the tea.
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 12:50:39 pm »
My Alpkit Viper headtorch has failed most miserably. It no longer reacts to the on/off switch at all. It's not the batteries, cos it still gives a very bright burst of light with the flash button, it must be the switch itself. Disappointing cos it hasn't had much use; still on the original batteries! I'll see if I can find the receipt or at least email.
Days become simply the spaces between dreams, spaces between the shifting floors of time...