Author Topic: Motivation  (Read 4625 times)

Tigerrr

• That England that was wont to conquer others Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.
  • Not really a Tiger.
    • Humanist Celebrant.
Re: Motivation
« Reply #25 on: 10 December, 2009, 04:38:10 pm »
How to get it back when its gone eh? Stopped in Aug and now so fat and slow it seems inconceivable to do a 200. Poor Student no show I fear. O woe. woe thrice woe.
Don't even want to ride home from the office.
AND no picture of me in arrivee - ever - in 4 yrs of hard riding.  crap. Everyone else got their picture in it.

Pathetic. On yer bike mate. Audax is for hardnuts not wimps so stop wingeing.  If you start now you can be fit by the 9th. And its not about getting your pic in the mag anyway you poser.
Humanists UK Funeral and Wedding Celebrant. Trying for godless goodness.
http://humanist.org.uk/michaellaird

« Reply #26 on: 10 December, 2009, 04:57:48 pm »
How to get it back when its gone eh? Stopped in Aug and now so fat and slow it seems inconceivable to do a 200. Poor Student no show I fear. O woe. woe thrice woe.
Don't even want to ride home from the office.
AND no picture of me in arrivee - ever - in 4 yrs of hard riding.  crap. Everyone else got their picture in it.

Pathetic. On yer bike mate. Audax is for hardnuts not wimps so stop wingeing.  If you start now you can be fit by the 9th. And its not about getting your pic in the mag anyway you poser.

I had two months off the bike last year for the whole of November and most of December when I was swanning around Argentina and Chile drinking lager.

When I got back, I tried a DIY 100 down to the South Coast on 30th December and bailed at 70km before the worst of the hills (at Hayward's Heath so I chickened out of Ditchling) as I was shot to bits.

This spurred me on to get fit again using my commute (and a bit of Richmond Park) and I put in 400km in January before the Willy Warmer 200 on the 31st which I got round feeling quite strong at the end.

From then it was a DIY 250, The Dean 300, London to Edinburgh DIY 300/200/200 over 3 days, Elenith 300, Bryan Chapman 600, Dun Run and back home DIY 400, Midlander Super Grimpeur 300 and LEL 1400km. Everything but the Midlander Insanity on fixed too.

If you've had the legs for it in the past (like it sounds you have) it doesn't take long to get back in to it.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #27 on: 10 December, 2009, 05:40:36 pm »
To the OP you might start to get your mojo back when you read peoples plans and ride reports on here. It was one of the contributing factors to my come back in 2008. (after 5 months of no cycling, 3 months of no exercise at all, not even walking or standing up and about 15kg gain in weight)